What's new

SE Assimilation Tour - The Canadian Edition!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Sweet! As soon as you find the blade angle, it will go smoothly. It's almost flat to your face.

Shave #2 went a bit better
This time with Natio Gel an excellent brushless gel with nice cushion and glide
$IMG_1419.jpg$IMG_1420.jpg

Previous testers mentioned that this is a mild razor, though compared to my 40s Tech with a feather blade the Featherweight and GEM combo is still quite aggressive for me.

Hopefully I have loaded the blade correctly (behind the corner stays), there looks like there is an awful lot of blade showing (especially compared to a DE).

So this time was N-S WTG and S-N ATG with a bit of a 3rd pass tidy up.
No nicks but about 6 weepers still. The shave was still comfortable though I think I am still applying too much pressure trying to keep the razor flat to my face.

The shave was definitely a DFS and felt better that shave #1

I can see myself becoming a convert with a bit more practice.

I used that razor for my first SE shave and it was excellent. Since then I have used the same blade in my Ever Ready 1912 for 4 more shaves, and each one was excellent. I do not use any pressure and get a smooth BBS shave each time. Keep at it and when you find the sweet spot you will be rewarded.

Shave #3

This time Proraso Green Soap, N-S WTG, W-E XTG
I made a very conscious effort to keep the blade flat and use no pressure today. The blade still feels comfortable with no pulling or tugging. Another DFS.
Still had 5 very small weepers and no particular irritation. With a bit more practice I think this will become a go to razor in my rotation.

8hrs after shaving my cheeks still feel BBS and neck DFS which is a great result that I seldom achieve.

Now I'll just have to find out where to buy more blades...

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Sounds like you are on the right path! SEs are great!

Top Bottom