What's new

SE Assimilation Tour - The Canadian Edition!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
We recently had the SE Assimilation Tour that Tony (Haggises) started. I think it was a short tour but still very good. As some of you know, I used DE when I started, moved to straights and decided to use a SE, for fun. It happens that the SE was a great discovery for me in 2013 and I would like to share this with you guys.

I have a few extra Featherweight SE. They are not aggressive or mild, in the middle but pulling toward the milder side. They shave very well and would give you a good idea on what a SE is capable of. So, what I am suggesting is to put one SE in the mail for someone with some SE blades to cover the number of participants (if there are 8 users, I will put 8 blades). Each participant will use 1 blade. You can try it and mail it to the next person or you can use the blade until it's dull, your choice. The razor will then come back to me in the end.

So, let's go over the rules.
  • Canada only (CONCAN) but I'm willing to accept Victoria and Newfoundland! :001_tt2:
  • I will take the BST rules so 45 days on the forum and 50 posts minimum to participate
  • Never used a SE before
  • Post your impressions in this thread when you get the razor.

That's all! Fairly simple. Each is responsible to clean the razor before sending it to the next person.

So, still here? Post in this thread if you are interested and I will set a list to start the tour. Once I decide that it's enough, I will start the tour and won't be taking any more applications after that.

The Tour
  1. Chris Murphy - Eastern Canada?
  2. canadian deacon - Nova Scotia
  3. Merk61 - Listowel, Ontario
  4. Roderick - Grande Prairie, Alberta
  5. Nick_O - Vancouver, BC
  6. Back to me

Last edited:
Very nice idea, I just got my first SE a little while ago so I do not qualify, and have picked up another.

It is nice to see a Canadian Tour :thumbup:

For those who are curious about SE up here, it is worth a try. I was nervous at first, said ok lets try it, face only not the dome, but after my first time shaving my face I went ahead and shaved my dome with it. They are great!!!

Great idea Luc, hope you get lots of interest.

Last edited:

Luc

Staff member
At this stage I'm expecting all of youse Canadians to be busy fighting a bear at this stage! When you get a minute, sign up!

Luc

Staff member
Mmm, possibles outcomes
  1. DE User vs. Bear = Bear won
  2. Still busy fighting a bear
  3. Saw the ice cream man on the way to this thread and got distracted
  4. DE user already used a SE before
  5. DE user not interested in using a SE (if that's the case, see next number)
  6. DE user wants to try a SE

I'm looking for those in the #6 category... There must be at least one? :001_huh: If not, well, you got no idea what you are missing!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I agree, Luc. Not sure why we're not seeing folks sign-up.
I've used a few SE's and throught they were pretty nice to shave with (except for the OCMM Grrrrrr) , with a very intuitive angle than made the learing curve happen within the first shave.

I am surprised, this is a great opportunity to try one out. Wish it showed up before I picked up my first....few.

If anyone is thinking of it, check out a YouTube posting. It shows that it is as easy as using a DE.

I am surprised, this is a great opportunity to try one out. Wish it showed up before I picked up my first....few.

If anyone is thinking of it, check out a YouTube posting. It shows that it is as easy as using a DE.

Can you put a link to the youtube video

I agree, Luc. Not sure why we're not seeing folks sign-up.
I've used a few SE's and throught they were pretty nice to shave with (except for the OCMM Grrrrrr) , with a very intuitive angle than made the learing curve happen within the first shave.

I'd participate, however like most PIF's and pass arounds etc, I can't qualify. As a Canadian I can't participate because a lot of PIF's are conus, this one has rules that eliminate my participation. Gets really frustrating feeling like an outsider all the time in a group you belong to. Just my two cents, no hard feelings on my part.

Luc

Staff member
I'd participate, however like most PIF's and pass arounds etc, I can't qualify. As a Canadian I can't participate because a lot of PIF's are conus, this one has rules that eliminate my participation. Gets really frustrating feeling like an outsider all the time in a group you belong to. Just my two cents, no hard feelings on my part.

How are you eliminated from this one?

Maybe a waiver is in order?
After all, Mike is the only potential victim, er, willing participant so far.
Once the ball got rolling on the US tour, we had a lot of fun.

Luc

Staff member
Maybe a waiver is in order?
After all, Mike is the only potential victim, er, willing participant so far.
Once the ball got rolling on the US tour, we had a lot of fun.

Well, if Mike's interested (I think he is), no worries as time to ship out the razor (As I would like a few more participants) he will meet the minimum requirements.

Luc

Staff member
I'm very surprised that we have close to zero interest on this. All you got to do is receive the razor, shave with it, clean it and mail it back. The only thing you pay is postage...

Top Bottom