What's new

Bell's Hopslam Ale

Tried drinking this beer and could never get through a whole bottle. It's like drinking a pine tree imo (lol). Does anyone out there just love this stuff? I have friends who go crazy over this release every year.

$hopslam-beer-xl.jpg

It's that time of year, the time when beer drinkers who crave large amounts of hops in their beverages rejoice, because Bell's Hopslam Ale is hitting store shelves. Released every January, Hopslam is a double IPA with a demand that continues to grow. Hopslam starts with six different hop varietals, each selected in large part due to the aromatic qualities they possess. After a big dry-hop addition at the end, Bell's adds a helping of honey to balance out the bite and give this 10% ABV hop bomb the balance that makes it special.

http://uncrate.com/stuff/bells-hopslam-ale/

Last edited:
I love it! I got a six pack for myself yesterday and will soon be going back for a six pack for my brother in law who lives outside of Bell's distribution area. Here's a cool picture they posted:

$gg8v.jpg

Bought a case yesterday and plan to get more. Awesome beer that acutally gets better as it ages a bit. At 10% ABV you could age this stuff for several years. This and Zombie Dust from Three Floyds are two of my favorite beers

Love this, Hoptimum from Sierra Nevada, Myrcenary from O'dell, whatever Great Lakes renamed Alchemy Hour to.

I love some great DIPA's hearty IPA's! Love citrus and pine in this big boys. I can't drink them all the time but I do look forward to all of their respective seasonal times. (Myrcenary is available year round!!)

Hopslam for whatever reason to me tasted better about four or five years ago. I felt at that time the citrus and honey combination really shined through with the honey being prominent. Over the years it has gotten more hoppy citrusy and the honey has faded more. I havent picked up this years to let you know what I think of this version but the brew shouldnt have a piney taste or smell unless they changed their hops for the recipe.

Funny thing is I still have a bottle of hopslam going back three years in my daily drinker fridge. I know there are no benefits to this but I wanted to see how this beer faired over a long period due to the fact the honey fades extremely quick when fresh.

Love this, Hoptimum from Sierra Nevada, Myrcenary from O'dell, whatever Great Lakes renamed Alchemy Hour to.

I love some great DIPA's hearty IPA's! Love citrus and pine in this big boys. I can't drink them all the time but I do look forward to all of their respective seasonal times. (Myrcenary is available year round!!)

Oh man...I LOVE Myrcenary! Odell makes some damn fine beer.

Top Bottom