What's new

Getting rid of the DSLR?

The only reason I could see to get rid of it is if you

a - wanted to clear some space in your camera horde
b - wanted to finance a future gear purchase.

Otherwise, its not really hurting you to keep it around.

Hi!

I am Jerry Johnston and I have been a long time Canon user. Utilizing the Canon 40D, (17-40 L F4mm, 24-70 mm L F 2.8, 70-200 mm L F 2.8,
canon 580 EXii, 550 EX flashes).

I have been looking at switching to the
Olympus OM- D E 1 4/3rds camera.
My question is, Should I switch or
Which one of the Nikon cameras would be recommended
and why?

If I were to switch to Nikon what would be comparable to the Canon 40D or better? My aim is to improve my photos not only got myself, but for real estate. I have been doing photography for 10 years and would like to be able to not only sell the clients home but to take the photos of the clients home.

What I would want is a Nikon body with a grip, and a wide angle lens and a lens for covering events. maybe a flash. Or another lens. Pro lenses of course. And filters for both lenses. A camera that has wifi and the ability to use it with a MacBook Pro 15" retina display and an iPad Air.

After 10 years I finally see just how good Nikon is and what I have been missing.

I would be grateful for the assistance.

I look forward ward to your response.

All the Best,

Jerry Johnston

Both Canon and Nikon cameras are more capable than I am. Nikon has the edge in sensor technology indeed, but do you think that the difference would show up in your photos?

It won't in mine, which is why I still use a 10 years old Canon 5D. But with the best "glass" that I can afford. Because lens quality really does make a visible difference.

Legion

Staff member
To be honest, and I'm not the biggest canon fan in the world, but Id stick with canon just because of your lenses. It will cost you a fortune to replace them in another brand. Take a look at the 6D. It will be a big improvement on the body you have now, and all you lenses are EF, so they will work fine.

Top Bottom