What's new

Baili DE Blades

Has anyone tried the Baili DE blades, now available from Shaveabuck? I know that in general the Chinese blades (e.g. Shanghai Blues, Flying Eagles) haven't gotten much love here, but I'm curious about these blades that Joe has brought in. Any experiences relayed would be appreciated.

Rebranded personna, either RIP or labs ( They happen to have two kinds) and "imported from ASR" is printed on the back of the cover . There are a lot of chinese blades manufactured by personna.

Last edited:
Rebranded personna, either RIP or labs ( They happen to have two kinds) and "imported from ASR" is printed on the back of the cover . There are a lot of chinese blades manufactured by personna.
Thanks for that information. I recently picked up a pack, and I had to get out the jeweler's loupe, but there it is, American Safety Razor Company, USA, printed right on the box. Who'da thunk it; they make 'em in the USA, ship to China, then import back to the US for on-line sales to who knows where. Weird.

After further review, I'm thinking the Baili Platinums i received are Red IPs. That makes more sense than the round trip to China and back for Labs, plus thy look right.

Licensed by ASR does not mean Made in USA. There are too many good blades made in the USA, Israel, Russia, and India for me to mess with any out of China, IMHO.

Top Bottom