What's new

Tried a Personna lab blue

Holy cripes it was like driving a car with power steering for the first time!

Previous blades (all in a Merkur HD, the only razor I own) were Merkur, Derby, Astra and CareOne.

I actually liked the CareOne best of the above, and considering that Careone is an ASR blade, I didn't expect much difference. But I was wrong.

Wow. A close, smooth shave. I almost didn't need the ASB.

I still have 12 more brands to try from my sampler pack, but the Blue is the leader in the clubhouse.

Hi,

Has been my blade for decades. Ever since the Schick Platinum blades disappeared. Was Med Preps for a while after the Schick, until a barber told me the Blues were essentially the same at half the cost.

I picked up a sampler back last June, and it had 12 different brands with three blades for each in it. I used them up, but did not find anything I liked better than the Personnas. I did buy a 100 pack of Gillette Yellows made in Russia on a recommendation and used less than half of them. I PIFed the rest to The Great Blade Exchange and went back to the Blues....

Stan

I first tried Personnas blue box just a few months ago and I was blown away by them. I find them very sharp and smooth. That's all I will buy from now on.

this surprises me I felt like it was pulling each individual hair out by the roots. I didn't even finish the shave before switching. im fairly new and this was the 4th different brand of blades I tried.

Great blade, very sharp but smooth. The first time I used them in my Fatip Piccolo and Muhle R41, I made my face into hamburger. It showed me I'd been using too much pressure before that. Now it's one of my favorites.

After finishing my sampler I ordered a 100 pack of blues and its my number 2 right after GSB's and before Astra's.

I love the lab blues. My favorite shave is with a new blade, and the second shave with that blade. Then a couple of DFS's and time for a new blade again.

I use them in a 40's Super Speed, a Red Tip, and a Merkur. Excellent low cost blade.
Only caveat is that you may get o ne or two bad blades occasionally.
Edit: like them so much that I have over 1000 on the shelf...

Last edited:
I use them in a 40's Super Speed, a Red Tip, and a Merkur. Excellent low cost blade.
Only caveat is that you may get o ne or two bad blades occasionally.
Edit: like them so much that I have over 1000 on the shelf...

Round 1 must have been a bad blade, I just tried another Lab, and it was sharp and smooth. Good stuff!

I also favor Personna Lab blades for my razors, especially if I'm using my FaTip Grande. I have used them in almost every razor I own, and they work incredibly well. The first Med Prep blade I ever tried loaded in my 40's Super Speed was rough and not smooth at all.

Top Bottom