What's new

Purge

I would love to be in on this! As far as what I plan on writing, i really need to catch up on a some letters. Also hopefully finally get some time to sit down and learn copperplate. But I still think i'll end up writing most are notes for meetings, I seem to always be in them, and falling asleep, and writing sometimes is the only way i stay awake in some of the super boring ones lolz

No need for more inks here (I am sure you know that feeling :wink2: ) ... but that is a very generous offer!

I'm not in.

Edit: to clarify ... the SWMBO has clearly stated that I have enough inks ...

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I'd be in except I just went through a mini NIB reduction myself. Someone's going to have a LOT of fun with this stuff :thumbup1:

Wow... that is one just amazing PIF. I'm not in since most others will get a lot more use out of the items in that. I just couldn't help but give credit on the awesome PIF!

I'm in! Although I have no idea what I'd do with all of it. I'll figure it out! I got into FP's and started letter writing and journaling my quiet times with them. I also started a journal for each of my kids (that I need to be more consistent in) and will give to them when they are older. Kind of recording adventures that we take together, plus some serious stuff too. I mainly use my TWSBI 850, and Osmoriod w a left handed nib. But I want to use my Esterbrooks more. They're too nice to sit there empty

I am not in but excellent PIF!

I enjoy writing sweet nothings to my sweetie and all the random letters to people around the world. People at work love my random works of calligraphy on the white board I will be working hard to make my Christmas cards rival Syngent's! :D

I am most excited writing the letters to the members of my lodge that are at their 40 and 50 year memberships. I am currently worshipful master of my lodge, and love hand writing letters to members.

I would love to be in!!

My number one writing goal for this year is to really improve my penmanship and write a letter to my wife for our 10th anniversary this year. I have 9 months to do it.

I wrote a letter to her on the day we were married, that I know she has. The idea was to develop a nice penmanship, write a new one for the 10 year, and then get them framed.

Other than that, I'd love to get a penpal to help me keep my writing going. I would also like to get in on this year's holiday card project you guys do.

I would use a Sheaffer Admiral to do the writing.

I want to be in, too.

I use a fountain pen every day at work and I have a rotation of FPs that are inked up with a red ink of some flavor for that purpose. But what I love using my fountain pens most for is journaling about things that I am processing through, what I am learning in my journey through life and parenthood, and other things that strike my fancy. I have another journel that I use at church to make notes on the sermon to keep me engaged and alert.

My journals are made in Brazil Norcom composition books from Wally World that are wrapped in a leather cover from Bespoke Goods.

My favorite pens are my B&B Edison Glenmont and Edison Collier -- both with bold cursive italic nibs that I ground down myself.

Thanks for a wonderously generous PIF!

Last edited:
Im in. I'm planning on keeping a fishing journal this year that will include stream name and location, weather, hatch and fish caught. I hope that someday my 3 boys that are 7 & 5 (twins) will read it. They are all starting to get interested in fishing so hopefully this information will prove useful to them. I will probably use my Lamy Safari since most of this information will be written streamside.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
there is to many things in there I really want to try to not be in on this one.

Ditto.

I'm really excited about penning a great custom title for Reckoner, based on this comment:

After seven years of buying ink and stationery promiscuously ...

Yeah, that should be fun.

I also enjoy keeping my personal journal, with notes about family events, and the milestones that my two young sons reach. I usually use BBB in a Preppy, with bold date headings done with 5 O'clock Shadow in a Kaweco sport with a 1.5mm italic nib.

Who knew we had so many romantics on B&B?! Great replies, guys. I'll keep it open for a week or so. Here's a list of stuff. I forgot to mention I may have a few consolation prizes. :w00t:

It should go without saying that if you win and don't like everything you get you ought to pass it along as you see fit.

• J. Herbin 1670, whatever the heck fancy name they called the first one…rouge something or other, full less 1 round of office Christmas cards
  • Lamy Green T10 carts (belch)
  • Montblanc Bourdeaux, old formulation, mostly full
  • Montblanc Racing Green, old formulation, ~15ml
  • Montblanc Toffee Brown, new formulation, sealed
  • Noodlers Black Swan in Australian Roses, never opened
  • Noodlers 41 Brown, mostly full (probably the funniest label he's done)
  • Noodlers Liberty's Elysium, full
  • Parker Quink Blue, rescued from a supply closet at my ma's office, ~1/2 full
  • Pelikan Blue and Blue-Black carts
  • Private Reserve Burgundy Mist ~90%
  • Private Reserve Midnight Blues, ~80%
  • Private Reserve Orange Crush, ~70% (orange has faded)
  • Private Reserve Plum, ~70%
  • Private Reserve Sonic Blue, ~12ml
  • Visconti Blue, ~25-30ml
  • Visconti Brown, ~25ml
  • Waterman Bue-black carts
  • Mystery ink, ~1/2 oz (Nalgene bottle would make a killer travel inkwell if you decide to dump the ink)
  • Field Notes sampler
  • Moleskine caiher, from the pre-feathering era
  • Rhodia's pocket moleskine clone, red w/orange trim
  • Rhodia dot pads
  • Unlined composition book, the only thing I used to write my Masters thesis
  • Set of buffing sticks and lapping film for nib smoothing

Not in, as much as I would like to be.

I have acquired far too much stuff over the last couple of years myself, and really don't need any more (I keep telling myself that :lol:)

Thank you for the super generous PIF! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I am IN! One of my plans for 2014 was to start to journal, and this would be a great transition into that. Also, I gave my incredibly bright 13 year old daughter her first fountain pen, an old Parker Slimfold, and the inks and notebooks would be great resources for her to find her pen stroke.

Thank you for such a thoughtful PIF!

I'm in!

This year I'm going to focus on perfecting my calligraphy and hand writing in general. I am also going to focus more on using the pens I have instead of finding and restoring new ones. I would like to take a little time every day, slow down, and write a bit. Being a software engineer I type quite a bit. I would like to help keep hand writing alive for generations to come and will do my best to convert peopke this year.

Regards
Dave

Since interest from new entrants has tapered off, I'll do a drawing Tuesday morning after the MLK weekend.

Im in please. I'd love to say i write letters to my wife, kids and friends, but really i just write random sentences with my young daughters, 8 and 4, and we laugh and marvel at why this stuff kind of disappeared when its so elegant and interesting. They have asked me for their own gear and thats my plan for using this stuff.

Top Bottom