What's new

Curse you, Platinum!

So after basically swearing off pen purchases for 2014, Platinum releases a 3776 Century with Rhodium trim, available with a Music Stub.

I give up.

-Andy

yup

$Untitled.png

It seems to consistently get the best reviews of all the music stubs available. Plus, I think it's a great looking pen.

-Andy

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Not bad for a tiney nib

It's platinum, but with a rhodium trim ... kind of like the Newfie* who won an olympic gold medal and had it bronzed.

*In Canada, "Newfie Jokes" are an accepted part of the national culture. You know, screen doors on submarines and all that. And of course, we've all met enough actual live Newfies to know that they aren't really the dim-witted yokels that the jokes presume them to be. But they have a really thick and unique accent, and their timezone is half an hour later than everywhere else, so they make an easy target.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
BTW, I have a Platinum music nib, in plain old yellow gold, and it's a great pen.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
The gold one I tried was like a fire-hose. My Sailor music nibs are like wet stubs. James, do you remember that red one?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
The one I tried (only for a couple minutes) was softer and a touch broader, about the same wetness.

Top Bottom