What's new

D r harris marlborough allergy

The title says it all.

I NEVER have allergy reaction to anything... until now with Marlborough cologne.

My neck and wrists are red. It means really red....:angry: Annoying but that's it. I've tried the cologne twice (the second time after several weeks) and the result has been the same.

Kind of weird because neither the soap, nor the lotion AS of the same line has affected me whatsoever. And I'm a dedicated Arlington fan.

Any of you have suffered with allergy with Marlborough?

Last edited:
Damn, that sucks. No experience with Marlborough but I have indeed had reactions to fragrances. If you like the scent, might I suggest spraying it on your undershirt instead.

Damn, that sucks. No experience with Marlborough but I have indeed had reactions to fragrances. If you like the scent, might I suggest spraying it on your undershirt instead.

Thanks!

Oh my! I did it as well and got a couple of red patches on my chest, under the shirt.... Too bad!

I've only used the Marlborough a/s splash, and I've had no reaction to it. Odd that you're having one, especially since you don't react to the other Marlborough products, but it sounds like your "tests" are beyond dispute*. Bummer, but you'd best steer clear.

* It reminds me of a time I went to an allergist who tested me to see if I was allergic to anything that might be contributing to recurrent sinus infections. Out of curiosity, I asked if they did a test for leather, since I get a contact dermatitis when wearing it next to my skin. The nurse administering the test said they didn't, but since I already knew I reacted to it, I'd already been "tested."

I've only used the Marlborough a/s splash, and I've had no reaction to it. Odd that you're having one, especially since you don't react to the other Marlborough products, but it sounds like your "tests" are beyond dispute*. Bummer, but you'd best steer clear.

* It reminds me of a time I went to an allergist who tested me to see if I was allergic to anything that might be contributing to recurrent sinus infections. Out of curiosity, I asked if they did a test for leather, since I get a contact dermatitis when wearing it next to my skin. The nurse administering the test said they didn't, but since I already knew I reacted to it, I'd already been "tested."

Thanks! Yes, it's odd indeed.

Allergies are a mistery, actually.

I found the Marlborough soap quite irritating. As other D.R. Harris soaps work fine for me, I can only conclude that it was the fragrance.

Not to necro-post, but I would be interested in the cologne if you still have it around- interested in all things sandalwood, as SWMBO quite likes it- which I have found keeps me out of hot water if I buy more things...

Not to necro-post, but I would be interested in the cologne if you still have it around- interested in all things sandalwood, as SWMBO quite likes it- which I have found keeps me out of hot water if I buy more things...

Sorry, sir, not available: a PIF.

BTW, good strategy you've found out!

Top Bottom