What's new

Cigar in yer Car?

Do any of you cigar smokers smoke in your car? If so, do you use a cigar ashtray? If so, what type? Do you do anything about the cigar odor, or do you just savor it?

Thanks in advance!

I keep one of those Baking Soda fridge/freezer fresheners under my seat to combat the smell. It's pretty rare that I do smoke in my car, usually only when I'm on the road home from a meeting or something. If you are lighting a stick up more often than once a week or so, you are going to need something with a little more oof-tah than the Arm & Hammer.

I don't smoke in the car; any smoke smell can be gross in confined quarters and wait until it sinks into the upholstry! Outside smoking! :D

I sometimes start or finish a stick in my car. I frequently smoke in the company pickup, always with the window cracked. I employ a cigar ashtray that fits into the drink holder. It's got about a 3" projection on the top to support the cigar. I think I got it from Famous Smoke Shop.

Wayne

I do- usually a couple a week after "one of those days" the stock ashtray works OK. I took a picture of the bands I cleaned out of the pocket after a while ,its around here someplace.:tongue_sm

I'll smoke in the car on my way home from work a couple of times a week. I don't use an ashtray though, just a little tap out the window every so often. After about a month I have a nice ash-stripe down the side of my car.

spiffy

I do most of my cigar smoking in my car. Leaving the driver's window cracked open about an inch will suck most of the smoke out of the window. I don't use the ashtray--I just touch the ash to the front edge of the cracked window and it pops right off.

A good vacuuming and a spraydown of the fabric with Febreeze with virtually eliminate all of the smoke smell.

I drive a company car, and since I'm the only person ever in it, I don't really have to worry about the smell.

I've only ever smoked one cigar start to finish in my car, and that was on my way to VIR.
Most of the time, it's either starting or finishing one, and that's a couple of times a week. I also crack the driver's side window about an inch, and it pulls the smoke right out. When it's time, I'll tap the ash on the ashtray, no out the windows for me. What if a strong wind pulled that ceegar right out of your hand? :eek: (And no, it's not the fire hazard that concerns me the most :wink:)
As far as odor goes, I've got cloth interior in my '91 Accord. I don't notice any lingering odors, but more importantly, neither does my wife. Whew! Actually, the residual scent that is usually left over for about a day doesn't bother me. For some reason it's not a stale smell, rather a nice cigar scent.

I've always been very meticulous about the condition of my car, and could never bring myself to do it.

But, I just totaled my car so it really didn't matter did it?

BTW, how is leather compared cloth in the smoking arena?

I can't say I've ever tried it, and I'm fairly confident that I wont.

I enjoy driving my car and I enjoy smoking cigars, but I'm just not sure that I could enjoy both at the same time. It would be like trying to enjoy (Illegality of drunk driving aside...) a nice single malt or a martini while driving.

I think it's great to enjoy your cigar with something, but for me, it better be something I can alternate giving my full attention to. This is why a glass of port, nip of whisky, red wine, or cocktail works so well: I can set the cigar down and enjoy my drink, or vice versa. Forgetting to pay attention to one will not potentially get me killed.

Now that's not to say it's not possible to smoke a cigar while driving. Far from it. Women somehow seem to have the ability to talk on a cellphone, drink coffee AND apply makeup while driving, so I'm pretty sure that we men can handle puffing on a cig during the evening commute. I'm just saying that I prefer to fully enjoy my cigars and the conditions imposed by driving my Volvo make my enjoyment less than optimal.

I smoke in my car with no ashtray. I do a little tap out the window for ashing, and I don't use anything for the smell. I might smoke 1-2 cigars a week in my car. My girlfriend has a really good sense of smell, and she can't smell the cigar smoke in my car.

When you smoke in your car the smoke travels into all your vents and is absorbed by the filters your heat and AC use. You'll smell that every time you crank one or the other up for a week or two.

When you smoke in your car the smoke travels into all your vents and is absorbed by the filters your heat and AC use. You'll smell that every time you crank one or the other up for a week or two.

Not so much unless you set your A/C to recirculate mode. That's my experience at least. YMMV.

As my wife and I share one car, I do not smoke in my car. Our car is newer, so I am also concerned about resale value.

No ashtray, crack the window in the Jeep and tap it out.

Spritz of Febreeze if ever detect even a hint of a funk.

Top Bottom