What's new

OLD SPICE - Too much choice?

To me, there is only one Old Spice.

FYI-Original and Classic are the same new P&G formulation.

I use the original Shulton OS from India. I decant it in an Old Spice "Flying Cloud" bottle.

I know.........old school.

I use "Old Spice" Classic. My other bottle of "Old Spic" in a glass container it was made in Ohio. (it says so on the bottle).
The one that I got a couple of weeks ago at the Pharmacy has writing in both English and French. It's a plastic bottle and it says it was Fabricated in / Fabrique AU Canada :cursing:
So much for made in the USA.

FYI-Original and Classic are the same new P&G formulation.

There are conflicting opinions on that. The EU formulation seems to be different, according to someone who used both of them.

I don't know which one is "better" (if any). I do know that our OS is sold in glass bottles.

Last edited:
I was referring to the "Original" and "Classic" sold in the States. They are the same, just a labeling name change. I can't speak to the EU. I do know that the only original formula Shulton Old Spice is in India.

I'll agree with the scents and products getting a little overbearing. However, I've found that the Fiji and Hawkridge scents are really pleasant to me. My old lady likes them as well. I'll continue to buy Old Spice products over Axe or any other brand that's being marketed toward young men. Not only do I enjoy their products but I believe they're the only ones with real staying power.

As an update- They have added one scent and discontinued 2, at least that I have seen at my local stores. Unfortunately, my beloved Foxcrest (their riff on a fougere) was one that got the axe.

I'd sure love to see the re-introduction of Old Spice talc, soap on a rope, shave soap and Old Spice Lime products. For any of the younger members who missed this kind of stuff---these were great products. Good quality, great scents and didn't break the bank. If you wanted to really experiment back then you bought Old Spice Burley...

Plus the sea captains and damsels in distress were great in those commercials..

Older than I'd ever imagine,

Marty E.

I really like the smell Old Spice Classic.Last time I had a large bottle 188ml(6,37 FL OZ LIQ.)made in Canada,which I bought occasionally on Polish auction portal.If I do not buy it again then try for the first time Old Spice White Water.

Last edited:
OS has sadly gone down a confused party hardy marketing trend way off track from what made it so popular originally. I enjoy the original glass bottle versions even the PG ones still easy to find.
The current products labeled as 'classic' have scents way off, smell em first before buying.

Its a dumb name but I really like the Old Spice "swagger" Deodorant and Body wash. So i went and bought the body spray...but very disappointed it didn't resemble the wash and deodorant. Has that underlying aerosol spray smell.

I still enjoy Old Spice classic, and a few weeks back I picked up an unopened vintage bottle of Old Spice Burley, which I like very much. 1970's in a bottle.

I love old spice. My dad used it growing up so it reminds me of him. I like their other scented deodorants though but I still buy the classic even in that

Top Bottom