What's new

Let's all "3017" a puck of DR Harris together .... .... starts 1st February!!

Windsor
Semogue SOC two band
Star de / Derby
Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum

I am, at best, about 1/3 of the way through this puck.

D.R. Harris Marlborough - Shave #60

Saturday Afternoon

Prep:
Baxter of California Daily Face Wash / warm water
Razor: Boker Edelweiss 5/8 Full Hollow Ground (2 passes) / Ever Ready 1912 (Final pass)
Strop: SRD 3" Premium IV Long English Bridle
Blade: GEM Stainless Steel PTFE Coated SE
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar w/ Cherry Handle
Soap: D.R. Harris Marlborough
Aftershave: Provence Sante Green Tea AS Lotion / Calani Earl Grey AS Balsam
Cologne: Creed Silver Mountain Water

Ben

Shave #29 with Arlington

• Face lather
  • Cobra Classic with Kai Titan Mild blade with an unknown number of shaves on it plus three more shaves
  • Shavemac #177 Silvertip
  • RazoRock Fine XXX aftershave splash

Shave #60 today with the Marlborough and I dropped the dish on the floor. No tragedy..... the puck of soap just came loose and fell out on the floor as well. It's quite soft all over. I kind of smooshed it back in the wooden dish. I'm thinking I'll get another 20 shaves easy.... maybe a few more. As soft as the puck was though.... I imagine I'm going to go through it fairly fast for how much appears to be left.

Ben

Shave 55 with Marlborough was smooth using my CJB and mixing the lather a bit wetter than usual. I will get a picture up by Monday showing the remnants of this great soap that has provided a couple months worth of enjoyable shaves.

D.R. Harris Marlborough - Shave #61

Sunday Evening

Prep:
Shower / Baxter of California Daily Face Wash
Razor: F.W. Engels 5/8 Full Hollow Ground (2 passes) / 1973 T2 Gillette Super Adjustable Short Handle (Final Pass)
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Strop: 3" SRD Premium IV Long English Bridle
Brush: Vie-Long 13061B Natural White 50/50 Horse
Aftershave: Herbissimo Mountain Juniper AS Splash / L'Occitane Cade AS Balm
Cologne of the Day: Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa

Ben

D.R. Harris Arlington Shave #45

Prep: Shower / Noxzema
Razor: Joseph Elliott 6/8 Wedge
Brush: M&F Chief in Imitation Ivory
Soap: D.R. Harris Arlington
Method of lather: Face
Quality of lather: Slick
Aftershave: GFT Coral Skin Food + Fine Clean Vetiver

I had a nice 3 day growth shave this morning. I am clean shaven and ready to conquer the world - or at least Monday :lol:

I am clean shaven and ready to conquer the world - or at least Monday :lol:

Same thing, really... :laugh:

I finally succumbed to the temptation and decided to grate my puck of Lavender, so I stuck it in the fridge over night Sunday night, and grated and pressed it back into the wood bowl. Fifty-five mostly luxurious shaves in, and I'll bet the soap and water STILL weigh over 100g...I'll try to remember to scale it tonight.

I was shocked at how croap-y the puck shavings were as I pressed back into the bowl, and how consistently the water had penetrated the puck. Even the thickest parts of the puck were creamy and soft in the middle.

It is the B&B 2012 LE's turn this week, so I took to the puck wondering how the soap would load. I couldn't detect a huge difference, but man, the lather was simply awesome. Very creamy and rich, slick, and more than enough for three passes.

I forgot to post my picture of my puck. Here it is after this mornings shave. It broke through and I see wood now.

$uploadfromtaptalk1396884909392.jpg

Should we do a roll call of who's in, who's out, and who's done (number of shaves)?

I'm still in with my puck of Marlborough at 61 shaves as of yesterday.

Ben

Here's my puck after 55 shaves:
$20140406_080043.jpg

It's getting pretty low, but I'm confident I can make it through the week with it.

Shave 56 with Marlborough:

Noxzema left on as preshave
Vie-Long BGS LE Rover Natural Horse (prickly little brush)
IB Bakelite slant
Polsilver Stainless (6)
Witch Hazel
Vintage Avon Spicy

I loved the slant, wasn't a big fan of the Vie Long.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I've shaved daily (and a few 2-a-days thrown in!) since the start of February and I would estimate well over half my puck is left.... and it was grated to begin this journey! It does have a divot in the center, but I envision another 2-3 months with mine. I am mainly using the Omega 49 boar, so there's no issue with me not digging enough into the puck because the brush is too floppy :lol:

Last edited:
Shave #30 with Arlington

• Face lather
  • Cobra Classic with Kai Titan Mild blade with an unknown number of shaves on it plus four more shaves
  • Vintage Blades badger
  • RazoRock Fine XXX aftershave splash

I am about 60 shaves in on my puck of Arlington. I have shaved almost every day, a few two a days, and a few cheats with other products, and just broke through last evening. I have 20 grams left, and I figure that should last me about 10 shaves since consumption is really picking up now.

It has been a nice soap with a wonderful scent, but I don't think that DRH is going to be a mainstay in my rotation. It is "easy" to lather, but it is not easy to get what I consider good lather. I have an unused puck of Windsor that will be migrating to my folks place as they have a water softener and I had much better DRH shaves there than with my hard water at home.

D.R. Harris Marlborough - Shave #62

Monday Evening

Prep:
Baxter of California Daily Face Wash / warm water
Razor: 2013 Above the Tie Atlas M1
Blade: Feather
Brush: Proraso (Omega) Professional Boar
Aftershave: Old Spice AS Lotion / Nivea Sensitive AS Balm
Cologne of the Day/Evening: Guerlain Vetiver / Old Spice Cologne
Pomade of the Day: Royal Crown Pomade

Ben

Read'em and weep! Fifty five shaves to date; I will say the soap is as soft now as a QCS cream, not no give at all like my Windsor puck.

$photo 1.jpg
$photo 2.jpg

Top Bottom