What's new

Best pencil sharpening service?

You are really kidding right! Having someone sharpen my pencil is like someone kissing my date for me ;^) Of course I date my wife and she is much better then truck load of pencils LOL!

Last edited:
I should also add that my toilet paper folding service is booked solid through August. Sorry.

Aawwwwh, and I finally managed to get enough stamps to post mine....

That's a pretty good bargain, can I send my roll of toilet paper to you, and do I send the $35 with the roll or do I need to ship it separately.
Also what information do you require in order to customise it to my needs?

Enclosed is a picture of my toilet roll.

Thank you kind sir. :lol: :biggrin1:

View attachment 404770

That was HILARIOUS and you can catch all of his "on purpose" humor, like:

you can get in on it for less that $1,000 in supplies
spend a couple of hours searching your home for a pencil worth sharpening
hold it in your non dominant hand!!!!
whether a woodworker, chef or bandit in an alley, important for a sharpened tool
all need a leather strop and you can find one in your grandfather's tomb (maybe before The Nibbites loot it?)
the looking away while telling us this old timey activity connects to our forebearers (like DE / Strght shaving?)
exposing the graphite portion was over the top, the 1st stage of it was also
the camera angles, hand gestures etc hit me just right today as funny

Well you get the drift, a 9 minute video that is like a "mock-u-documentary" done in the Spinal Tap, Best of Show style :)

Gene

Last edited:
I have been practicing and like shaving it is important not to use to much pressure.
In these uncertain times it is important to have a trade to fall back on.

If you want lots of pencils sharpened I have a great recommendation. Matt, one of my middle school students, is the recognized and undisputed pencil sharpening king. He's fast, persistent, and always at it.

He will happily do small lots or stupendous quantities quickly and efficiently at a reasonable cost.

I am his exclusive B&B agent.

Please describe your needs: quantity, date we can expect to receive your pencils, date you expect them back on your shipping dock, pencil brand/size/model/never sharpened or previously used, color, hardness, along with your desired point. We will happily give you a cost estimate. When we receive your pencils and examine their condition we will provide an exact cost and ship date.

I'm having difficulty with using the sandpaper, guess I'm pressing too hard...the graphite shaft keeps breaking once it get's very thin. I should probably watch the video again :001_rolle

Fairly local service, I just drop my pencils off at the National Ignition Facility, Lawrence Livermore Laboratories. 192 laser sharpeners. Perfect every time.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 76
Try putting a universal chuck in a Dremel then mount the pencil in that. The high RPM should help.

So, I mounted the pencil in my drill press and then fabricated a jig to hold the sandpaper, but I started a "small-ish" friction fire in my shop. It's all good though, the foam system extinguished the blaze before any real damage was done to my neighbors house too.

Top Bottom