What's new

Ever use a shaving soap as regular/body soap?

I got a puck of the C&E Sandalwood while picking up the EdT, and after trying 3 shaves with it, I find it to lack slickness, and I cannot use it for shaving.

So I've been showering with it :w00t:

It lathers good in this sense, and does not experience as quick of wear as my typical Irish Spring bar.

I certainly would never buy a puck solely for this purpose, but should I ever end up using one and not liking it, I know where it is going!

Williams Mug. Times got tough around the Holidays (Hard Candy Christmas) and I was forced to use my spare Williams puck for showering. It was nice. Took a couple of baths using it, got to get clean and shave with it. :w00t:

I use the woolfat in the shower to wash my face. It is a gentle cleanser and prepares my face well for the shave to follow.

Since I switched to using gels for shaving, I am using up my soaps and creams in the shower. I have yet to find anything better in terms of moisturization! The water just runs off the skin like it was treated with Rain-X. Dry skin and itchiness are a thing of the past. I have found no body wash, shower gel, or similar out there that would beat shaving cream/soap. I use a pouf, which makes the lathering process very efficient. TOBS creams produce very nice lather, followed by the creams from Trumper, Weleda, Speick, Palmolive, Nivea, Florena, Proraso, and then KMF. I have tried soaps from Mama Bear, Trumper, Proraso, and TOBS, and they are all great, but the best ones I have tried are from QED and MWF.

Once I run out of creams and soap, I will buy them just for showering purposes.

One warning: do not use them as shampoos :eek:

Cheers - MM

I currently also use a C&E Sandalwood SS that I just can't get a decent shave with in the shower. I really like it in the shower: rich, thick luscious & intoxicating lather! If only it shaved well.

I tend to use a palmolive shave stick in the shower, its a great cleanser and a good pre-shave step imo

Cheers,

I do the exact same same thing with my puck of C&E Sandalwood. I love the scent, but I could not get a good shave with it.

Wait ... you're basically using shaving cream to clean yourself with? In other words, as a body soap? And it works??:eek:

Soap is soap, and yes, it works. It works beautifully! It's the best I found. I was very surprised at that myself, because I hate soap. I have always used gels and other gentle washes, until I realized that shaving soaps/creams are superfatted soaps. The only substantial difference between shaving soaps/creams and "normal" soaps I can find is that some shaving soaps/creams contain clay. None of min does, but even if they did, I don't think it would degrade their efficacy in the shower. Try it!

Best - MM

Top Bottom