What's new

Going to be in Chicago

So I am performing in a college jazz festival in Chicago.
We're staying in the Hilton. So I am wondering, is there anything within walking distance that I should check out?

Which Hilton? The Hilton towers? Trufitt and Hill is a long walk, Close to the Handcock Building.

Get in a cab or bundle up and head up State Street to Macy's at State and Madison. Head in the front door, bear to the right slightly, and head back to Merz's Apothecary...kinda pricey, but a nice selection of soaps, etc.

Iowa...hmmm...funny...I'm heading from Chicago tomorrow to U of Iowa to hear my son's Jazz Band on Friday, and up to Cedar Rapids to hear the Coe College Jazz band with SWMBO's daughter on Saturday.

Maybe I'd enjoy hearing your groups at the Hilton/towers instead.

CHEAP EATS...right across the street...be sure to sample Harold's Chicken Shack for some "authentic" Chicago-style food.

If you eat at the snack bar in the Hilton, DON'T get a "Chicago Style Hotdog". No self-respecting Chicagoan could keep a straight face while someone said "Do you want that with or without cheese?"

I, sir...will be dining at Whitey's in Iowa City...enjoying a Sundae built on a milkshake. The flavor yet to be determined.

Top Bottom