What's new

DE shaving first week - what have I gotten myself into?

I am with you I started this to save some money :lol:. But I loved it so much I just wanted to try everything. Oh well at least I enjoy shaving.

Just ordered the cavendish soap and aftershave from HTGAM. the pipe scent has always been a favorite of mine, so can't wait!

So the scent - meh - very disappointing, though nice. I was hoping for tobacco SMOKE scent, not fresh-cut tobacco. It's also on the weaker side.

The performance, though, is outstanding. I get my closest shaves ever with the soap, and the aftershave is pain free and nice.

Welcome aboard! I know exactly how you feel. Now you can say that you "shave" in the morning. I only knew of Wilkinson Sword's before I came aboard. Now that I have lurked here, I have discovered the joys of Feather and Proraso. I have been saving money, getting a gourmet barber shop shave at home and well, enjoying that morning shave that I was loathing in Mach III slavery.

Just tried my birth-quarter SS. Is it wrong I might prefer it over my 89? Feels more precise with the lighter weight.

Hello and welcome, hancox. Great to have you here on B&B. It's a super forum full of friendly, helpful fellow shavers.

Not getting the castle Forbes hype. I know cream is a YMMV sort of thing, but doesn't justify the price premium IMHO.

Synergy stuff, on the other hand. Wowzers. Love it.

Glad to see that you're still enjoying the hobby. I am completely unsurprised that you prefer a SuperSpeed to an EJ de89. I started with a Muhle R89 (same head) and ended up with vintage Gillettes as well. My 2 favorites are the Slim and the triangular-slot Tech (especially the Canadian 1932).

I just ordered a batch of samples from Maggard Razors - if you want to try a bunch of samples out, that's one place to start. Gary's Sample Shop is another.

I'm on my 3rd razor now. You tell me. :)

Seriously - so happy with trying all of this. Getting consistently great shaves and technique getting better daily. Still learning, which is a good thing.

Top Bottom