What's new

DE shaving first week - what have I gotten myself into?

Welcome, from one newbie to another. I'm in a few months now and I have made the decision to slow down on buying gear, soaps and creams. My acquisition disorder is healing and I've settled down. Once I found what worked best me, the bulb clicked to slow down and smell the Tabac. Enjoy, there is a TON of knowledge here. And a bunch'a good dudes &dudettes willing to share what they've learned.

Think about it overall its not that much money your're spending. Really, what do you buy for yourself? 99% of what i buy is for my family 1% goes to me ; )

Welcome, from one newbie to another. I'm in a few months now and I have made the decision to slow down on buying gear, soaps and creams. My acquisition disorder is healing and I've settled down. Once I found what worked best me, the bulb clicked to slow down and smell the Tabac. Enjoy, there is a TON of knowledge here. And a bunch'a good dudes &dudettes willing to share what they've learned.

Yeah, I'm starting to think that way. Just had a quick startup buying spree, but I could easily see my buying nothing but blades for a while now. Proraso green has taken over completely, and the Astra sp is a winner so far. If I end up sticking to these, I WILL end up saving a fortune, and getting my current much better shaves.

Personna blues not a winner for me, unfort. Will try something else next weekend. Back to Astra sp tomorrow.

Updates...

Tried GFT cream. Wow. Slick as anything and great scents.

Gillette silver blues - very smooth, but not as sharp as Astra sp. nice to have a baseline to compare to.

Tried my first Pinaud AS - original. I've loved the scent for years from barbers talc, but the mrs is not a fan.

Might veg it up tomorrow :)

Pinaud Aftershave sampler notes:

Lime sec - nice and limey with nothing unpleasant. fairly long lasting too
Vanilla - faded too quickly, but nice enough when present
Special Reserve - YESSIR! Not sure if Mrs will like it, but i sure do!

Welcome aboard!

Is your Mrs making fun of you yet for having more "product" than she does? I'm just over a year into this and my wife still thinks I'm crazy.

GFT Creams continue to be winners. Tried a couple of TOBS too, which were the slightest of ticks down for me. Shame, as st James is a fantastic scent.

2) Can't wait to try other blades, as the derby's seem to be unloved - rooting for the astras, due to cost

So far the Astra SP's are my favs...Ive tried Feathers and from what I've heard here, I bought 100 Polsilver SI's. The SI's are good but I think the Astras are a little better. Just more comfortable for me. But as they say, YMMV

I'd be willing to trade 50 SI's for 50 Astras...any takers?

Just ordered the cavendish soap and aftershave from HTGAM. the pipe scent has always been a favorite of mine, so can't wait!

Top Bottom