What's new

A Year of Queen Charlotte Soaps

Green Irish Tweed Type body soap finished today. This is a very nice scent that will be replaced. More Green than Tweed to my nose. Up next is Caribbean Coconut body soap.

Last edited:
The fifteenth body soap review is QCS Caribbean Coconut. This is a veg body soap and the scent medium plus. It smells like a pina colada drink. I'm not sure if it's going to fly for work days and GIT cologne.

$IMG_2311.jpg$IMG_2312.jpg$IMG_2313.jpg$IMG_2314.jpg

I've got about 2 more times on the Orange spice bath soap and next up is Caribbean coconut for the rest of the month. Then it will be awhile before I got to it again.

The sixteenth body soap is Mandarin Twist. This is a tallow soap. The scent strength is light and smells just like the rind of a mandarin orange. I'm intrigued and look forward to working with it for the next couple of weeks.

$IMG_2369.jpg$IMG_2370.jpg$IMG_2371.jpg$IMG_2372.jpg

The month 11 shipment is a Cafe D'Amande Shampoo bar and Old Spice Type and Patchouli body soap. The new shampoo bar should start this weekend.

$IMG_2411[1].jpg

Looking forward to hearing what you think about the cafe D'Amande.

I have a bar and it will be next after I finish my Orange spice. I'll be pairing it with the Cafe Mocha hand soap.

Thought The Desert Sands was great. Dragon's Blood, better. Now the Vetiver knocked them both out of the park.

This is schizophrenic.

The sixth shampoo bar is Cafe D'Amande. The scent strength is Medium Strong. Almond is dominant with perhaps a faint coffee undertone. To my nose it smells exactly like the hard Almond cookies that are often brought with the check at Italian restaurants. As with prior shampoo bars I cut in half to use.

This is a tallow soap. Performance is excellent. Gobs of lather.

$IMG_2414.jpg$IMG_2415.jpg$IMG_2416.jpg$IMG_2417.jpg

The sixth shampoo bar is Cafe D'Amande. The scent strength is Medium Strong. Almond is dominant with perhaps a faint coffee undertone. To my nose it smells exactly like the hard Almond cookies that are often brought with the check at Italian restaurants. As with prior shampoo bars I cut in half to use.

View attachment 514540View attachment 514541View attachment 514542View attachment 514543

For body soaps I do not notice a difference between veg and tallow soaps other than veg being perhaps a tad softer. For the shampoo bars, the tallow bar may have thicker lather. Not my favorite scent, amazing performance.

View attachment 514540View attachment 514541View attachment 514542View attachment 514543

For whatever reason the Cafe D'Amande has fantastic lather. All the shampoo bars are great, this one is better. The scent has grown on me.

For body soaps I do not notice a difference between veg and tallow soaps other than veg being perhaps a tad softer. For the shampoo bars, the tallow bar may have thicker lather. Not my favorite scent, amazing performance.

Update: all the shampoo bars are tallow. Perhaps this one is performing well because I'm loading heavy.

Will finish the first half of the Cafe D'Amande shampoo bar this weekend. I like it. Planning to push on to the second half. The Mandarin Twist body soap should be finished by Thanksgiving.

Finished the first half of the [post=6827385]Cafe D'Amande shampoo bar[/post] on Monday. Working on the second half. The bar feels thicker than past shampoo bars. The performance is great.

For body soap, number sixteen, [post=6761504]Mandarin Twist[/post] finished up yesterday. It's a nice soap with a faint, unique scent. On to Briar this morning.

The seventeenth body soap is QCS Briar. This is a tallow soap. The scent strength is very light. Going to use it for a couple of days before commenting on scent.

$IMG_2452.jpg$IMG_2453.jpg$IMG_2454.jpg$IMG_2455.jpg

Jeff, you're 11 months in now, and reading through this thread, QCS a is really delivering for you. With a month to go, are you anxious to break up the routine, or will QCS always have a place in your shower?

Jeff, you're 11 months in now, and reading through this thread, QCS a is really delivering for you. With a month to go, are you anxious to break up the routine, or will QCS always have a place in your shower?

Yeah, I was going to ask if he was planning on doing another year of QCS.

Eleven months in? Crazy, and just starting the month 9 body soaps. The year is likely to carry well into 2015. I'm sold on shampoo bars and the body soaps are a nice luxury. The QCS products are great, both the body soap and the shampoo bars. For me some scents are better than others. The quality is consistent and very good.

There are a somewhat ridiculous number of shave soaps in my 3017 queue (with three more coming for Xmas). The hand soaps are more utilitarian for me. The quality is valued but variety isn't as necessary. I may do another body soap subscription or I may bulk buy favorites. There are already a couple of years of shampoo bars on hand. As the opportunity presents, I'll try other artisan soaps. The next Mystic Water order will definitely include a shampoo bar.

Last edited:
The month 12 shipment of body soaps is QCS Orange Spice and Juniper Aloe. Orange spice is an old friend from the shampoo bar. The Juniper Aloe looks interesting as well. The soaps are being used in order so these will be well into 2015.

$IMG_2469.jpg

Top Bottom