What's new

A Year of Queen Charlotte Soaps

Posted on 1-05-2015:

Just an update. I've been using this Shampoo Bar every day for a solid 2 months. It still has 1/4 - 1/3 of a bar left. It performs great. Thanks again JeffJ!

You are welcome. Glad it's working out.

Dragon's Blood body soap finished up yesterday. On to Old Spice Type. There is about 10% left in my last shampoo bar half.

The 20th body soap review is QCS Old Spice Type. This is a tallow soap. The scent is very light, almost unscented versus the other WCS soaps. Performance is excellent.

$IMG_2615.jpg$IMG_2616.jpg$IMG_2617.jpg$IMG_2618.jpg

Finished the last half of the QCS Cedarwood Rosemary Shampoo bar. This is the end of my 6 shampoo bars that were part of the 1 year subscription. All in all a great experience. Each bar lasted about two and a half months. Thanks to QCS for the contest. The QCS body soaps from the subscription will be continuing for several more months at least.

Next up is a QCS Lemon Bergamot Shampoo bar that has been sitting for a couple of years.

Great thread. Definately signing up for the QCS soap club once im done all the Stirling bars I just bought. I like the idea of not picking after reading that you have discovered a few that you like that you would not have picked.

Great thread. Definately signing up for the QCS soap club once im done all the Stirling bars I just bought. I like the idea of not picking after reading that you have discovered a few that you like that you would not have picked.

Yes, my eventual QCS reorder will be largely scents that I would not have picked myself. The subscription service has been great fun.

The QCS Old Spice Type body soap is going fast. It is the lightest scent of the 20+ that I've used to date. All good.

QCS Old Spice Type body soap finished 4/12. This soap was almost unscented to my nose. Performance was great. Moved on to QCS Patchouli body soap.

The 21st body soap review is Queen Charlotte Patchouli. This is a lightly scented soap that is veg (non-tallow).

$IMG_2669 3.jpg$IMG_2670 2.jpg$IMG_2671.jpg$IMG_2672.jpg

Thanks so much for such a comprehensive series of reviews. I'm especially interested in his shampoo bars because I was confused and just threw a dart and started with Mystic Waters. FWIW I'm only on my first one and am very pleased with her Original.

Thank you for the interesting reviews.

DO you keep the data in a table for tracking? Keeping track of light/strong scent, latherability, overall performance?

Thanks so much for such a comprehensive series of reviews. I'm especially interested in his shampoo bars because I was confused and just threw a dart and started with Mystic Waters. FWIW I'm only on my first one and am very pleased with her Original.

The QCS shampoos bars are great. I am going to order some MW next. MW shaving soaps are one of my favorites for both scent and performance. Can't wait to try MW soap and shampoo bars.

Last edited:
The QCS shampoos bars are great. I am going to order some MW next. MW shaving soaps are great. Can't wait to try MW soap and shampoo bars.

Michelle sent me 2 free samples (Barbershop & Bay Rum) of shaving soap along with my order for all 4 of her shampoo bars. So far I've tried the Barbershop but I've only used it once and it's too early for me to stick my neck out.

Sure,

Shampoo Bars
Peppermint Eucalyptus
Cedarwood Rosemary
Lemon Bergamot

Thanks for narrowing down the choices. Based just on the names I would have chosen these 3 plus Dark Lavender. I like that Matthew has a special price (4 bars for $20).

Thank you for the interesting reviews.

DO you keep the data in a table for tracking? Keeping track of light/strong scent, latherability, overall performance?

I have a table in my wiki page that lists some notes from the reviews. I'll go back and make some updates. Latherability and overall performance are consistent and very good.

I have a table in my wiki page that lists some notes from the reviews. I'll go back and make some updates. Latherability and overall performance are consistent and very good.

Thank you for the link.. That is a good informative table.

I have some QCS I have been trying, and so far they do lather very nicely. I like the stronger scents, so that is what I am after.

Thank you for the link.. That is a good informative table.

I have some QCS I have been trying, and so far they do lather very nicely. I like the stronger scents, so that is what I am after.

If you want strong and QCS, from what has been used so far: Eucalyptus, Lemongrass, Orange Spice, Bay Rum, and maybe Ocean Breeze.

Top Bottom