What's new

A Year of Queen Charlotte Soaps

The month 9 shipment arrived yesterday with Briar body soap, Cafe Mocha hand soap, and a Tea Tree and Lavender shampoo bar.

$IMG_2324.jpg

The fifth shampoo bar is Tea Tree Lavender. The scent strength is strong. Tea tree is dominant with lavender and other notes.

$IMG_2325.jpg$IMG_2326.jpg$IMG_2327.jpg$IMG_2328.jpg

The 13th body soap is QCS Desert Sands. This is a tallow soap with a light scent. The scent is complex but a bit elusive. The QCS site lists as starting out with citrus notes and ends with frankincense, myrrh, sandalwood, and musk. There are hints of clean, rose, and powder notes. It is pretty nice and may end up pushing a bunch of prior soaps down in the ratings. Definitely a winner.

View attachment 486947View attachment 486948View attachment 486949View attachment 486950

This sounds like something I would really enjoy.

The [post=6599826]Tea Tree Lavender shampoo bar[/post] is going well. By far the strongest scented QCS shampoo bar that I've used. I'm not sure that I like the spice note as I think it overpowers the lavender and does not completely complement the tea tree. In any case the performance is great and it's making gobs of lather.

Last edited:
[post=6590959]QCS Desert Sands body soap[/post] is finishing up tomorrow. Next up is Green Irish Tweed Type. I'm excited to try this as I use Creed GIT as the daily work cologne.

for the OP,

out of the body and shampoo soaps you have used so far which scents have been the lightest? im not looking for a strong scented one. im not interested in a bunch of conflicting scents if that makes sense.

for the OP,

out of the body and shampoo soaps you have used so far which scents have been the lightest? im not looking for a strong scented one. im not interested in a bunch of conflicting scents if that makes sense.

I would say Green Irish Tweed Type, Woodland Breeze, Lavender Honey, and Ginger Lime. I'm with you and don't like strong scents. As others have mentioned, most QCS scents are not overly strong. For me, compared to the one bar of Yardley bath soap that I tried on a business trip, almost all QCS scents are light.

Last edited:
The fourteenth body soap review is QCS Green Irish Tweed Type. This is a tallow body soap and the scent is light. Out of the gate I really like it. More after a couple of days of use.

$IMG_2333.jpg$IMG_2334.jpg$IMG_2335.jpg$IMG_2336.jpg

I would say Green Irish Tweed Type, Woodland Breeze, Lavender Honey, and Ginger Lime. I'm with you and don't like strong scents. As others have mentioned, most QCS scents are not overly strong. For me, compared to the one bar of Yardley bath soap that I tried on a business trip, almost all QCS scents are light.

thanks. next paycheck ill try those out.

The first half of the [post=6599826]Tea Tree Lavender Shampoo Bar[/post] is a couple of days from finishing. The spice notes have faded and the scent is predominantly tea tree oil. This is a good think for me. The shampoo bar works great and is generating gobs of lather.

The first half of the [post=6599826]Tea Tree Lavender Shampoo Bar[/post] is a couple of days from finishing. The spice notes have faded and the scent is predominantly tea tree oil. This is a good think for me. The shampoo bar works great and is generating gobs of lather.

That's what I'm using right now as well. It is definitely the strongest scented of the QCS shampoo bars I've tried. I don't get much lavender at all. The peppermint and Eucalyptus is still my fav. This winter I'm going to try some of the darker scents I haven't tried yet -- Cafe D'Amande and cedar wood rosemary. Maybe orange spice, too.

That's what I'm using right now as well. It is definitely the strongest scented of the QCS shampoo bars I've tried. I don't get much lavender at all. The peppermint and Eucalyptus is still my fav. This winter I'm going to try some of the darker scents I haven't tried yet -- Cafe D'Amande and cedar wood rosemary. Maybe orange spice, too.

Completely agree on The Tea Tree Lavender not having a lot of lavender and being the strongest shampoo bar scent. Peppermint Eucalyptus is fantastic. Cedarwood Rosemary was also a surprise favorite for me.

The first half of the [post=6599826]Tea Tree Lavender Shampoo Bar[/post] finished today. Starting on the second half tomorrow.

Dragon's Blood just knocked Desert Sands out of the number one spot. I really love the fragrance. The performance of all the shea/tallows is consistent.

Top Bottom