What's new

A Year of Queen Charlotte Soaps

I get easily four months of daily use from a shampoo bar. I do cut them in half and use each half for about 2 months.

I'm going to amend this to 2 - 3 months per shampoo bar. I finished the first half the orange spice in about a month.

The first half of the [post=6410059]Orange Spice[/post] shampoo bar finished today. I'm going to go ahead and use the second half as a new shampoo bar should be coming at the end of august.

Great thread. Really enjoying your reviews. I just cracked open my first bar of QCS body soap - Briar. Love the smell and performance was top notch!

The month 8 shipment arrived over the weekend. Caribbean Coconut and Mandarin Twist.

$photo(1).jpg

I'm cruising through the second half of the Orange Spice shampoo bar. A few more swirls and more pressure is working through the bar at double speed.

The Ginger Lime body soap has a couple of days left. Still a favorite.

The 13th body soap is QCS Desert Sands. This is a tallow soap with a light scent. The scent is complex but a bit elusive. The QCS site lists as starting out with citrus notes and ends with frankincense, myrrh, sandalwood, and musk. There are hints of clean, rose, and powder notes. It is pretty nice and may end up pushing a bunch of prior soaps down in the ratings. Definitely a winner.

$IMG_2304.jpg$IMG_2305.jpg$IMG_2306.jpg$IMG_2307.jpg

The 13th body soap is QCS Desert Sands. This is a tallow soap with a light scent. The scent is complex but a bit elusive. The QCS site lists as starting out with citrus notes and ends with frankincense, myrrh, sandalwood, and musk. There are hints of clean, rose, and powder notes. It is pretty nice and may end up pushing a bunch of prior soaps down in the ratings. Definitely a winner.

View attachment 486947View attachment 486948View attachment 486949View attachment 486950

Desert Sands is going well. The orange spice shampoo bar has a couple of days left. I am trying to time completion with the arrival of the september shipment.

Hey Jeff,

Did you sign up for the Tallow, Vegan, or Specialty? Or did you select all the checkboxes. I am wondering what the Specialty meant.

Working through the Cordovan shea/tallow. I don't know how he did it, but it is a leathery 'new car smell'. Nice.

Last edited:
Hey Jeff,

Did you sign up for the Tallow, Vegan, or Specialty? Or did you select all the checkboxes. I am wondering what the Specialty meant.

I'm getting all three types. The tallow and vegan body bars are both great. It's hard to tell the difference in performance. The tallow bars may be a bit harder but it's hard to say for sure. The specialty bars are a separate section on the QCS site. It's a variety of different ingredients such as salt bars and hand soap bars (containing pumice for cutting dirt/grease or coffee for food odors). The three that I've tried have been great (Volcano hand soap, Lavender Honey, Goat Milk) have all been very good. Cafe Mocha hand soap just arrived yesterday.

Last edited:
I'm curious how well cafe mocha works. I have a bar but haven't used it yet. I'm waiting to finish up my Orange Spice shampoo bar and 2 bath bars.

I want to match the cafe mocha with the cafe d'amande shampoo bar later on. I know the cafe mocha is a hand soap but I already have 3 8oz pump bottle from another company of hand soap. So i'm going to use the cafe mocha as a bath bar instead.

Top Bottom