What's new

A Year of Queen Charlotte Soaps

Recently Queen Charlotte Soaps launched a body soap and shampoo bar subscription service (Queen Charlotte Soaps soap of the month club). As part of the introduction, there was a vendor contest that gave away a full year subscription to two bars of hand and body soap a month and one shampoo bar every other month.

I had the good fortune to win the contest and will be reviewing the soaps as I receive and use them. The first shipment went out Thursday and should arrive this weekend.

Thanks again to QCS for making such fantastic soaps, for the great product idea and for kicking it off with a contest!

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Holy cow! 2 per month and a shampoo every other!?
That is a heck of a lot of soap!

Looking forward to the reviews.

Congrats on the major win!

Congrats! I signed up for a year sub and received my first shipment on Monday. I haven't used the soap yet because I'm finishing a bar of Yardley. I use QCS shave soaps, shampoo bars, and balms regularly. All of them are fantastic products.

The first month's order came in today. The body soaps are Lemongrass and Woodland Breeze. The shampoo bar is Cedarwood Rosemary.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389495513.901095.jpg

I've tried a sample of Lemongrass in the past so I'm going start with Woodland Breeze.

Last edited:
The first QCS shampoo bar is Cedarwood Rosemary. Today is initial impressions after first use and I may add some comments as I work through the bar. The daily routine is two washes. Occasionally this is followed by conditioner or a vinegar rinse as recommended by many shampoo bar users.

The relative scent strength for me is medium-light and cedar is dominant. The rosemary is there as a background note. It is very nice. I'm not a big woodsy/sandalwood fan, but I like this and would definitely consider replacing. Lather as usual with QCS was easy and excellent.

The packaging is the standard QCS paper and wrap.

$IMG_1566.JPG$IMG_1568.JPG

$IMG_1578.JPG$IMG_1577.JPG

In practice, I cut larger shampoo bars in half. I find that the smaller size works better to hold and load.

$IMG_1579.JPG

Last edited:
I didn't detect much scent from the Sandalwood soap when I pulled the wrapper, but once you lather up its a wonderful full sandalwood scent. I love it.

The first QCS body soap bar is Woodland Breeze. I've used this for a couple of days. It is lightly scented and for me hard to describe. The website calls it masculine scent with notes of exotic woods, oakmoss, and musk with soft hits of rose and fresh lime. I definitely get a little woodsy, the oakmoss and the rose.

The performance is great. This soap has some poppy seeds for texture. Different QCS body soaps often have something like that, which is nice. The shampoo soaps do not. This is one of the QCS tallow soaps. I have not been able to tell the difference between the QCS tallow and veg soaps. The tallow might be a little harder and last a little longer but I can't really say that it isn't my bias leading me to believe that. Both formulations seem to work great.

Soaps for me generally fall into one of three categories. Soaps that I like and replace, soaps where I don't like the performance or the scent and that I do not replace, and soaps that are fine but I won't go out of my way to replace. I've tried other brands in this scent category and I have been put off by extremely strong scents that remind me of great grandma's potpourri basket. That has probably kept me from trying Woodland Breeze before now. Woodland Breeze is understated and subtle, for me much nicer. At first impressions Woodland Breeze is something that I might replace to mix it up once in a while. More after I've used it more.

$image.jpg$image.jpg

$image.jpg$image.jpg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
The first QCS body soap bar is Woodland Breeze. I've used this for a couple of days. It is lightly scented and for me hard to describe. The website calls it masculine scent with notes of exotic woods, oakmoss, and musk with soft hits of rose and fresh lime. I definitely get a little woodsy, the oakmoss and the rose.

The performance is great. This soap has some poppy seeds for texture. Different QCS body soaps often have something like that, which is nice. The shampoo soaps do not. This is one of the QCS tallow soaps. I have not been able to tell the difference between the QCS tallow and veg soaps. The tallow might be a little harder and last a little longer but I can't really say that it isn't my bias leading me to believe that. Both formulations seem to work great.

Soaps for me generally fall into one of three categories. Soaps that I like and replace, soaps where I don't like the performance or the scent and that I do not replace, and soaps that are fine but I won't go out of my way to replace. I've tried other brands in this scent category and I have been put off by extremely strong scents that remind me of great grandma's potpourri basket. That has probably kept me from trying Woodland Breeze before now. Woodland Breeze is understated and subtle, for me much nicer. At first impressions Woodland Breeze is something that I might replace to mix it up once in a while. More after I've used it more.

Can you comment any on the moisturizing aspect? Does it leave your skin soft?
I'm wondering because my skin, especially my legs, have been dry and itchy lately. I'm wondering if a soap like this (with tallow, and oils) would help.

Can you comment any on the moisturizing aspect? Does it leave your skin soft?
I'm wondering because my skin, especially my legs, have been dry and itchy lately. I'm wondering if a soap like this (with tallow, and oils) would help.

I haven't really paid attention to moisturizing qualities of soaps in general. Anyone else have a point of view?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I haven't really paid attention to moisturizing qualities of soaps in general. Anyone else have a point of view?

ahh ok. No problemo.
I should probably be looking for a lotion, but I'd rather not have a post shower routine :001_cool:

The second QCS body soap is Lemongrass. I've tried a sample of this in the past. For me it is one of the stronger scented QCS body soaps and is very true to the actual lemongrass scent. It's like I'm chopping and cooking. The only other soap that I've tried that is as realistic is Mystic Waters Coconut, which for me smells just like a freshly split coconut. The lemongrass scent is strong and I find that it lingers for a couple of hours. If you like lemongrass, this is a great soap.

This is a veg soap (no tallow) and has petals in it. Per the picture, one edge of a QCS body bar has more of whatever is added, I guess for flair.

$IMG_1565.jpg$IMG_1564.jpg

$IMG_1576.jpg$IMG_1574.jpg

Top Bottom