What's new

A Year of Queen Charlotte Soaps

The fourth shampoo bar is QCS Orange Spice. The scent strength is medium and the orange is strong with a healthy undertone of mulling spices. I just finished a sliver of a bar from a couple of years ago. The orange fades faster than the spice scent IMHO. I do think that the spice scent is more muted in the bar I just opened vs the prior bar. For me this improves the soap. I don't know if there was a slight reformulation or perhaps just batch variation in the artisan product.

$IMG_2083.jpg$IMG_2084.jpg$IMG_2085.jpg$IMG_2086 (2).jpg

Finished up the [post=6372272]QCS Eucalyptus[/post] today. Great soap. Up next is Goat Milk Honey and Oats.

The 11th QCS body soap review is QCS Goat Milk Honey and Oats. This is a veg formula soap and is listed on the QCS site under specialty body soaps. As implied by the name, goat milk is added as are oats. There are full oats on the edge for flair and the rest of the bar appears to have ground oats. In the first couple of uses I found the scent mild and had to look on the website to summarize. The product listing says "The fragrance of the soap is a delicate blend of vanilla, peach, violet, and sugar" It's nice. More on scent and performance after a couple of weeks of use.

$IMG_2093.jpg$IMG_2094.jpg$IMG_2095.jpg$IMG_2096.jpg

Last edited:
The 11th QCS body soap review is QCS Goat Milk Honey and Oats. This is a veg formula soap and is listed on the QCS site under specialty body soaps. As implied by the name, goat milk is added as are oats. There are full oats on the edge for flair and the rest of the bar appears to have ground oats. In the first couple of uses I found the scent mild and had to look on the website to summarize. The product listing says "The fragrance of the soap is a delicate blend of vanilla, peach, violet, and sugar" It's nice. More on scent and performance after a couple of weeks of use.

View attachment 470010View attachment 470011View attachment 470012View attachment 470013

Goat Milk Honey and Oats is going well. The bar seems harder than the eucalyptus bar, though I'm not sure that it is impacting longevity. Scent is mild and slightly sweet.

Broke into the Green Irish Tweed Type today. Don't know much about the scent from which it is derived, but it is clean and fresh. Performance is identical to Desert Sands. Shows good consistency in the tallow/shea offerings. Having fun with the Soap(s) of the Month Club. Pretty easy on the pocketbook too.

How often do you see Shea butter and tallow used in the same soap? My experience with shave soaps is hat they almost never go together. French soaps are veggie and Shea butter based, and outside of the artisans, the tallows never have it.

Broke into the Green Irish Tweed Type today. Don't know much about the scent from which it is derived, but it is clean and fresh. Performance is identical to Desert Sands. Shows good consistency in the tallow/shea offerings. Having fun with the Soap(s) of the Month Club. Pretty easy on the pocketbook too.

Green Irish Tweed Type is 3 bars in queue for me - can't wait to try it. Creed Green Irish Tweed is my daily work cologne.

How often do you see Shea butter and tallow used in the same soap? My experience with shave soaps is that they almost never go together. French soaps are veggie and Shea butter based, and outside of the artisans, the tallows never have it.

Now that you mention it, couldn't agree more. Have never seen tallow/shea in another soap.

I am sorry, comparing the vegan/shea to tallow/shea.

I have used a lot of both tallow/shea and vegan/shea and can't really tell a difference. For a couple of the tallow soaps (Vetiver, Crackling Firewood) I perceive that I can detect a tallow note. It could be a bias or part of the intended scent.

How often do you see Shea butter and tallow used in the same soap? My experience with shave soaps is hat they almost never go together. French soaps are veggie and Shea butter based, and outside of the artisans, the tallows never have it.

I cannot answer this with empirical soundness, but I must say the QCS tallow/shea soaps are 'creamy'.

View attachment 470010

Goat Milk Honey and Oats finished a couple of days ago. Next up is Ginger Lime.

How long are the shampoo bars lasting for you guys? My Lemon/Bergamot has lasted 2 months, and I feel like it has another 2 to go, and yes I use it liberally every single day.

How long are the shampoo bars lasting for you guys? My Lemon/Bergamot has lasted 2 months, and I feel like it has another 2 to go, and yes I use it liberally every single day.

I get easily four months of daily use from a shampoo bar. I do cut them in half and use each half for about 2 months.

The 12th QCS Body soap is Ginger Lime. This is a tallow body soap. For QCS it is fairly unusual as the bar has two different colors bonded together. Scent strength is light. QCS Ginger Lime is my all time favorite body soap scent. Really fantastic.

$IMG_2165.jpg$IMG_2166.jpg$IMG_2167.jpg$IMG_2168.jpg

Top Bottom