What's new

A Year of Queen Charlotte Soaps

I've tried quite a few artisanal bath soaps and shampoo bars, and QCS is my favorite. I like the scents, and his soaps and shampoo bars last longer than others I've tried. I really notice this with the shampoo bars, which for some reason last me more than twice as long as similarly priced bars that I've tried from other vendors. I think the highest praise I can give them is that my wife ordered soap and shampoo bars as Christmas gifts for our children to give to their godparents.

Have a couple of days left on the QCS Briar body soap. The scent notes for me are molasses and tobacco. it is nice, perhaps a touch sweet for my taste. Performance is excellent.

The second half of the Peppermint Eucalyptus shampoo bar is trucking along. After sitting for the better part of a year, the peppermint is almost gone. My recommendation is to use this one straight though once opening. The scent is one of my favorites. Really fantastic.

The seventeenth body soap is QCS Briar. This is a tallow soap. The scent strength is very light. Going to use it for a couple of days before commenting on scent.

View attachment 523904View attachment 523905View attachment 523906View attachment 523907

I've tried quite a few artisanal bath soaps and shampoo bars, and QCS is my favorite. I like the scents, and his soaps and shampoo bars last longer than others I've tried. I really notice this with the shampoo bars, which for some reason last me more than twice as long as similarly priced bars that I've tried from other vendors. I think the highest praise I can give them is that my wife ordered soap and shampoo bars as Christmas gifts for our children to give to their godparents.

That is a great gift idea that I may use next year. Thanks!

I received my shampoo bar form JeffJ about a week ago, dark lavender scent. The scent was very strong (but good) at first. I unwrapped it immediately and put it in my shower. A couple hours later my entire bathroom was filled with the scent, which was nice. I found that after a few uses though, that the immediate smell is gone. I no longer smell it when I enter the bathroom, and barely smell it when I go into the shower.
It does perform very well. It lathers nicely and feels great and leaves my hair clean. I enjoy using it. Thanks again for the PIF JeffJ.

The eighteenth body soap review is Southern Pine. To me this soap is medium strong scent and smells like a Christmas tree lot. It's a veg soap and like all the rest performs great.

$IMG_2534.jpg$IMG_2535.jpg$IMG_2536.jpg$IMG_2537.jpg

Working through the Southern Pine body soap pretty quickly. Also have a couple of days left on the Peppermint Eucalyptus shampoo bar.

I am late to this three but wanted to share I bought four QCS hair soaps a few weeks back and they are super . Best I have used so far.

The second half of the Peppermint Eucalyptus shampoo bar finished yesterday. Now working the second half of the Lemon Bergamot shampoo bar.

A great new year's surprise was two more body soap bars - Cordovan and Sandalwood. Both smell great and I can't wait to try them.

$FullSizeRender.jpg

The Southern Pine body soap still has a couple of days left. This soap seems to have lasted longer than others. The Lemon Bergamot shampoo bar is almost finished also. Hopefully by the end of the long weekend there will be new soaps all around.

The second half of the Lemon Bergamot shampoo bar finished today. Great soap. Next up is the second half of the Cedarwood Rosemary. This is the last half-bar of my Year of Queen Charlotte Soap shampoo bars.

The nineteenth body soap review is Queen Charlotte Dragon's Blood. This is a tallow soap, medium light scent. More on the scent after more use.

$IMG_2568.jpg$IMG_2569.jpg$IMG_2573.jpg

The Dragon's Blood body soap is going well and quickly. The red coloring is a little aggressive.

The red part doesn't stain but it goes drip and dry red. I don't recall seeing that with other QCS soaps. Not a big deal.

Posted on 1-05-2015:
I received my shampoo bar form JeffJ about a week ago...

Just an update. I've been using this Shampoo Bar every day for a solid 2 months. It still has 1/4 - 1/3 of a bar left. It performs great. Thanks again JeffJ!

Top Bottom