What's new

A Year of Queen Charlotte Soaps

This is my QCS shampoo bar, after a couple month's use.
Notice the dome-shaped indent!
It's a nice shampoo soap.
Initially, really enjoyed the almond scent.
But since they use EO's, that scent is basically nil now, since the EO's evaporate over time.
As Matthew has explained to me.
But still a nice shampoo.
FWIW, I don't use any rinse or additional conditioner.
No problem, although for some reason, my hair continues to gray and thin!

So, what should I try next??

View attachment 407771

Here's the indent on my Cedarwood Rosemary bar. (Cut in half).
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391101759.800577.jpg

The third QCS body soap bar is Vetiver. This is the first soap of month two. This is a tallow soap and the website describes as "smoky, woody, dirt-, and earth-like notes. The aroma is similar to the smell of a damp forest floor". I find the scent masculine and great. I like it better than Woodland Breeze and most Vetiver style colognes that I have tried. For me, definitely will replace.

$IMG_1624 (2).jpg$IMG_1625 (2).jpg
$IMG_1626 (2).jpg$IMG_1628 (2).jpg

Last edited:
I used the Crackling Firewood soap for the first time today. Lather was great. Skin feels great. It didn't smell like a crackling fire to me, but more just sandalwoodish. Still very nice, but I don't make the direct connection to its name.

The first half of the [post=5791118]Cedarwood Rosemary shampoo bar[/post] finished this morning. Of the half dozen shampoo bars that I have tried, this is my favorite. Great scent and lather. This is an example of a scent that would have never picked myself when ordering yet has turned out to be my favorite. I see this as one of the benefits of a subscription service.

The second shampoo bar should be coming in a couple of weeks. I'm going to finish up a quarter bar of QCS Dark Lavender in the meantime.

Last edited:
I finished the [post=5813058]QCS Lemongrass body soap[/post] yesterday. Over time I'd say that lemon becomes a little more dominant versus lemongrass. This soap is on the replace list. Moving on to [post=5892181]QCS Vetiver body soap[/post] full time. So far this is looking like a top scent for me.

View attachment 411473

Last edited:
I used the Crackling Firewood soap for the first time today. Lather was great. Skin feels great. It didn't smell like a crackling fire to me, but more just sandalwoodish. Still very nice, but I don't make the direct connection to its name.

I'm looking forward to trying this at some point.

I've tried the QCS Vetiver (tallow version) and I didn't care for the scent. It smelled much of dirt and clay to me and not much like vetiver. Then again, when I think vetiver I think Creed Original Vetiver or Tom Ford Grey Vetiver.

Yeah, that's the YMMV of reviews. I tried and was not a fan of Creed Vetiver. In any case, I like the QCS Vetiver body soap.

I've tried the QCS Vetiver (tallow version) and I didn't care for the scent. It smelled much of dirt and clay to me and not much like vetiver. Then again, when I think vetiver I think Creed Original Vetiver or Tom Ford Grey Vetiver.

I'm not a big fan of Vetiver style frags and I don't want my soap to replace or conflict with my cologne. So I like muted soap scent strength and I like the QCS take on it. I also agree with the feedback above in terms of what the scent actually is.

Nice! I have a Bay Rum on deck. It is a powerful scent, I could smell it through the shipping packaging.
Ah, I like Bay Rum so this should suit me. I'll keep my eye on this thread and keep reading your reviews. Hoping I can stick with these, since they're a bit cheaper than Sasquatch Soaps and the 4 for $20 seems to be a pretty good deal.

The fourth QCS body soap is Bay Rum. Earlier I mentioned that the scent was really strong. As it turns out there was a small rip in the shrink wrap that probably made the scent stronger in the shipping packaging.

This is a tallow soap. The black swirls are activated charcoal. The scent is classic bay rum and is nice. Scent strength medium.

$IMG_1673.jpg
$IMG_1672.jpg
$IMG_1674.jpg
$IMG_1675.jpg
$IMG_1676.jpg

I really like the Bay Rum. In the spirit of use it up, I am back to the Vetiver which has maybe 30% left.

The second shampoo bar should be coming in a couple of weeks. I'm going to finish up a quarter bar of QCS Dark Lavender in the meantime.

I finished the Dark Lavender shampoo bar yesterday. A favorite though it's been sitting around for a while and was almost unscented.

On another note I've stopped going through the work of vinegar rinses. Conditioner once or twice a week is it right now.

Last edited:
I'm definitely going to grab some of the QCS shampoo bars once I finish off the one I'm currently using. i swapped over to that dandruff shampoo that was mentioned a bit back in the thread, and true to the word, it works great. I have broken away from H&S shampoo for the first time now in like almost 30 years! It's an awesome feeling freedom to have selections available and not feel like I'm sacrificing anything in picking up something else.

Top Bottom