What's new

The Official Carve Your Own Pipe exhibition thread

Started another rustic reverse Calabash stubby Cherrywood today...
$IMG_3326.jpg$IMG_3329.jpg$IMG_3331.jpg$IMG_3332.jpg$IMG_3339.jpg

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Blade Boy, that looks fantastic, a lathe surely makes things more uniform and consistent.

I got my hands on a morta block and made this chubby poker with a pink G10 spacer. All I have are a hand drill, and belt sander so mine are usually not perfectly circular.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396150351.582550.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396150370.610639.jpg

Last edited:
I just read this whole thread for the first time. What a great project and I guess I should not be surprised by the talent pool here at BnB. Well done men.

Blade Boy, that looks fantastic, a lathe surely makes things more uniform and consistent.

I got my hands on a morta block and made this chubby poker with a pink G10 spacer. All I have are a hand drill, and belt sander so mine are usually not perfectly circular.

View attachment 430547
View attachment 430549
Very nice Mike H, I got the rustication and staining done today, tomorrow it will have a hand cut Cumberland stem if all goes well...
$IMG_3345.jpg

Bladeboy what are you using for finish in top of the stain?
Actually the photo was taken when the stain was wet, on the first pipe I did like this I tried to add carnauba wax but it didn't work well due to the deep rustication, so it's pretty much bare, looks like coal when dry.

Last edited:
Top Bottom