What's new

The Official Carve Your Own Pipe exhibition thread

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Very nice...

Love the detail!

$Capture.JPG

I'm speechless at the talent of you guys! That pipe is incredible. It's looks like something I'd expect to see on smokingpipes for sale.

Thanks guys!

The bamboo is held with stainless tubing and epoxy. The stem end has a delrin mortis set in the bamboo and the stem has a stainless tube for a tenon.

Nice! Special epoxy, or just the 2-part stuff from the hardware store? I guess there's probably no such thing as food grade epoxy.

Gorilla epoxy is food grade, I use that on the stem. On the shank I use a heavy duty shear resistant epoxy. I don't have it handy or I'd tell you what it is.

I've been lurking this thread from the beginning and I will state that that bamboo pipe is eye popping beautiful to me. I don't currently smoke, but if I were to hold that pipe in hand...I wouldn't leave her behind. She would come home with me and as I'm more of a practical kind of guy... I'd have to take her for a spin. I will say that there have been plenty of eye candy pipes in this thread, but whew that bamboo's a looker! Great show!

Man, I bought a kit, but I don't think I'm going to be able to get to actually do anything with it before this ends.

This one was going heavy for a while, it's since faded a bit. The BL chat bounced it. FWIW there are about a dozen threads that should/could be stickied, the pipe gallery being one of them. I would like the stickies to be hot topics and necessary information for the BL. If everyone starts carving pipes like mad again, I'll put it back at the top. I really like the BL chat thread, what a great idea!

This one was going heavy for a while, it's since faded a bit. The BL chat bounced it. FWIW there are about a dozen threads that should/could be stickied, the pipe gallery being one of them. I would like the stickies to be hot topics and necessary information for the BL. If everyone starts carving pipes like mad again, I'll put it back at the top. I really like the BL chat thread, what a great idea!

Duly noted, thanks Jason!

Top Bottom