What's new

Let's see your coffee mugs

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427943221.643031.jpg

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Perfect for mornings before everyone else gets up! I love having coffee and a slice of toast and watch the news all alone. Doesn't happen often though!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 173
From the Royal Shakespeare Theater production of Matilda.

It gets me looks and comments at work. Sometimes I explain it, sometimes I don't.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1428566069207.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1428566069207.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 164

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I have two that get just about all my use, depending on whether I am the only one drinking from the batch or sharing.

View attachment 554889View attachment 554890

The one on the right was painted by my older son at one of those "paint your own pottery" stores. I love it.

The one on the left has a little more of a story to it. I am a proud member of the Foam Rangers, one of the oldest homebrewing clubs in the nation (really, the world). Every year, we put on the Dixie Cup, a competition and something of a convention. We usually have some commemorative glasses for the event. I was last year's Dixie Cup Coordinator, so I was handling all that. We had a bit of a hang-up with the glasses (i.e., the vendor screwed up and shipped them later than they had promised). We were able to get the shipment to the event on time, just in time, but not without blood, sweat, and tears.

So, we open up the boxes. Beautiful hurricane glasses with our event logo virtually shimmering. Then, there was the odd box. We open it and find three dozen coffee mugs commemorating the 60th birthday for Mr. Albert K. Akahoho. :blink: Well, I went straight to the tap table and filled one of those mugs up to the rim. They became the biggest hit of the weekend.

"Thank you for coming"

With a somewhat heavy heart, I must update this post. A little while back, the wonderful son-made mug that I had enjoyed became the casualty of a puppy-based accident:

$IMAG1382.jpg

So, for a while, I was using my Philmont mug (branded, even :w00t:):

$IMAG1386.jpg$IMAG1387.jpg

But, then, I got a Father's Day gift from the other son, and all seemed right in the world again:

$IMAG1383.jpg$IMAG1385.jpg

So, what's everyone drinking out of around here? The same thing you've posted before? Something new and different? Have you added anything to your arsenal of vessels?

Inquiring cuppers wanna know!

Have an ever growing collection of Starbucks destination mugs from all my travels. I don't like their coffee, but their mugs are great souvenirs that get tons of use in our house.

Working from home this morning, and having some Halfwit from my Quebec City mug from SWMBO and my trip last fall. Great memories!

proxy.php

So 'ya wanna see my coffee cup dere eh? I uh, uh... Acquired! This mug wile I was in the Navy in 1978. This cup and I have steamed a lot of sea miles together. It has served as a shaving mug from time to time, and I have drank literately hundreds of gallons of coffee from it...

A Christmas gift from my daughter.

I hold a full 16 Oz of hot possibilities for the future.

What can I say,

Daddy raised a proper "Whovian"!
proxy.php

Last edited:
Finally found that pic of my work mug. Other says "But You're Still Here". Co-worker gave it to me since I do customer service emails.
$20151125_070750_resized.jpg

My favorite mug is one my Mother got me quite a few years ago. The story behind it is that I am DEFINTIELY not a morning person, and my mother would always walk around the house when I was growing up singing "This is the day that the lord hath made". So one day she got me a mug with a little yellow bird on it (her favorite is yellow) and it has the bible verse relating to the incredibly annoying song she would sing when I was a grumpy child (See picture below).
$my mug.jpg

Top Bottom