What's new

Item of the Week Calendar and Discussion - 2014

Guys, keep these Aftershaves in mind when we move that direction next week (except we'll be going in a completely different direction with aftershaves). :D

Guys, how does the calendar look now? I converted it to 4 rows of 3 months each instead of 3 rows with 4 months each. Better?

Guys, how does the calendar look now? I converted it to 4 rows of 3 months each instead of 3 rows with 4 months each. Better?

It looks much better but the 3rd column still gets cut off...nothing serious as you can still read all the word of the cell. Here is what it looks like on my screen:

$capture.JPG

Back to the current IotW, is seems that most reformulated creams were done for the sake of paraben removal. Proraso (hence, CO Bigelow) and AoS are some recent ones. A very, very nice eligible one to consider is the recent RazoRock XXX-t soap. I know a lot of you have it (because it is forever sold out), so use it and post up your experiences here.

It looks much better but the 3rd column still gets cut off...nothing serious as you can still read all the word of the cell. Here is what it looks like on my screen:

View attachment 401254

Back to the current IotW, is seems that most reformulated creams were done for the sake of paraben removal. Proraso (hence, CO Bigelow) and AoS are some recent ones. A very, very nice eligible one to consider is the recent RazoRock XXX-t soap. I know a lot of you have it (because it is forever sold out), so use it and post up your experiences here.

Good point. I'd love to find some of that. I'm also interested to know if anyone is using the British Reformulations (T&H, Trumpers, etc)... or any of the RE-reformulations.

Second time participating in this week's "Reformulations" theme. Eligible items used:

- The Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
- Nivea Sensitive Aftershave Balm - Reformulated twice with the most recent one in 2011

These two products are/will be staples in my shave den...

Excellent! Welcome Fhalden! Keep that Nivea out nextweek when we get to Aftershaves and Balms. We'll let the Preshave count this week. :wink2:

Another effortless BBS with a few reformulations:

- The Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
- 1941 Gillette Ranger Tech - was reformulated into the 40's Super Speed :)

can we double post from sotd?
or is there a way to cross-link?
yesterday, reformulated (current) proraso and return-to-earlier formula creed vetiver (why else would they label it 'original'?)

View attachment 401863

By all means!! I always love a good sotd pic. And we're doing our best to coordinate the themes each week.

Here's a hint: if you upload pictures to the gallery, you can use the BB code to link to it. That way the picture is hosted only once on the B&B server.

Hey guys, I've been swamped and sick this week and have neglected my ITOW duties. But in case you haven't seen the calendar, this week is all about Vintage Aftershaves!! Lets see those Avon cars and the Aqua Velva in thowe dangerous non shatterproof bottles!!

Last edited:
Hey guys, not much action on the After Shaves last week. Maybe we'll see some more participation since I'm actually starting on Monday this week :sleep:. Let's see your OLDEST razors this week. Whether you have George Washington's own straight razor, or Kublai Khan's Norelco, or the oldest razor you have is a Fusion you bought last week... let's see them! Remember to try an post pictures. This is the General Shaving forum, so tell us about those shaves!

What blades are you using? How do you make the best out of an Old Type with that pesky bent tooth? Let's have some discussion (and awesome pictures!).

I shaved this morning (I know, I'm such a hypocritical vampire shaver), with my NEW Improved Tuckaway, with a Wilkenson Sword blade. Only did 2 passes so I could shave again tomorrow. :001_tt2:

The Tuckaway is probably my 2nd favorite razor in my DE rotation, after the Schick Krona. It's heavy, and so agreeable with so many blades.

I shaved with my oldest razor - a 1920 Gillette Single Ring. It does have a very slight 3mm hairline crack typical of this razor but the teeth are straight and the silver finish is in great condition. This is my only open comb razor and I don't have very much experience with it...and unfortunately it shows in my shaves.

I did a normal 3-pass shave but I had numerous patches of skin irritation which was fortunately calmed with just cold water and witch hazel. This was the 4th shave of an Astra SP blade which I subsequently banked. I will give my face a rest and shave again Wednesday night with a new blade (most likely a Personna Lab).

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...eme-Week-20-26-Jan-2014?p=5822257#post5822257

Hi guys, I hope you don't mind a newbie joining in here :)

I will participate this week and the weeks I can, though, I think I may do more trolling than posting.

I have two old Gillette's a '65 and '59, my father-in-laws and my Dad's...I usually use the 65, so in order to participate, this week I will clean up the 59 and give it a try. I will post once I do.

Cheers!

Top Bottom