What's new

Nassau County anyone?

Had a great time - Pleasure meeting Stubble and Bill. Stubble was generous with some blades, I'm happy to report I tried the Personna blade tonight with great success.

Great conversation and great company today! Thanks for putting this together.

Awesome! What did you guys do/get? Let's hear about the success of this so that more people join in on the next one.

Awesome! What did you guys do/get? Let's hear about the success of this so that more people join in on the next one.

We met in front of AOS and then went to one of the nice restaurants at the mall for a few cold ones / sparkling waters :thumbup:

Great company and I must add that the three of us (buca3152, me and capmeo) met again this morning at the straight meet and greet in Valley Stream! buca3152 very kindly PIFd me a straight, which he honed and stropped at the greet. He taught me the basics of honing, too.

So, I'm excited to report that I had my first straight shave this afternoon with said razor and got away without any cuts or irritation. I also managed a SAS to boot. All of this was of course not possible without the meet and greet this weekend. :biggrin1:

Many, Many, Many kind thanks to Bill for this and also to Capmeo for the great company!

Congrats on the straight shave Stubble - I am not ready...:biggrin1:

Bill and Stubble are the best example of what this board is about. Generous with their knowledge and great people!!

I got screwed up guys, my brothers wife had to go in for emergency surgery and I had to watch my 3 kids and his 3. What a weekend. I need a vacation now! So upset I missed both days.

Guess it's time to start planning another one for Senshi's return to America in August. Completely unsure of my own schedule that far out, but I'm sure someone else will keep things going either way. The get-together Buca promoted in Valley Stream was amazing as well. I had absolutely no immediate plans to start shaving with a straight, and here I am, ready to go for shave number 2, all because of the networking and generosity. Let me tell all of you that everyone's fantastic, and it's a strong brotherhood without a doubt!

I think I have some creams that I'll consider for another PIF and/or donation the next time, wherever that may be. Looks like I'm back in my 'soap rut' again!

I meant being a redhead :)

Well, brownish red, I suppose! The avatar is actually the 'freeway construction guy' from the old Bugs Bunny cartoons in case anyone didn't notice it.

$507952.jpg
The stubble is about right, however!

Hey everyone the summer is quickly approaching and decided to restart this thread, on the home front here me and my wife are excepting our first (baby boy) on Monday excited and nervous I may be a little slower on the response but I am starting to get feelers out to nail down a day in August. AOS at the Roosevelt mall again?

Top Bottom