What's new

Nassau County anyone?

I grew up in New Hyde Park and still live in the area. I know that barbershop in Mineola on Jericho Tpke, I went to Chaminade right over there. I would love to chat with some like minded guys about my new found hobby.

New found hobby? How long have you been wet shaving?

This sounds like we got some people are interested.

You think we could commit to mid-August? If you can just say that you're in.

Well I have been using a badger brush and puck of soap since 2001 but with a cart razor. I picked up a Muhle R89 about 6 weeks ago and will never go back. I love it!

Welcome never used a Muhle personally but here good things about them I use Murker with and old gilette as a fall back

I am in Bellmore. I didn't know of any wet shaving places other than art of shaving in Roosevelt Field Mall.

Hey Jinx,

Yeah lees razors is online but he lives in Jericho and willing to meet people for purchases. And there are still a few practicing barbers throughout Nassau county

Fil

I'm down for anything but I don't think it is necessary to go all the way to the city.

Whether this is possible or not I think it would be great to have a meetup and support a local guy. I have never even heard of lees razors until this thread and it is my impression it is not a store front but maybe if he has a storage/warehouse we could meet at and buy some products from him. I would pick up some blades, creams and aftershaves to support a local guy and meetup with everyone. Again I don't know if this is even a possibility but it sounds good to me.

Of course if that's not possible I think a meetup at art of shaving in Roosevelt field mall could also be good but I like supporting the smaller places.

Just an idea.

I went to 107 for kindergarten. I lived in flushing back then. 1971. A looooong time ago. Went to ps 22 then 79 194 and bayside hs.

Top Bottom