What's new

Soap + Cream = Awesome lather ???

Hello Everyone...

Entering Week 3 of my new journey and enjoying every minute of it.

I bought my 1st cream last week...Proraso in the tube....and love it !!

I am going to try a blend today of my Col. Conk Glycerine soap and the Proraso and see what kind of lather I can conjure up.:eek:

Question:
Has anyone tried this type of experiment before??
and if so, have you had any luck ??

Thanks to all for the great info !!

roughrider said:
I sometimes do 20-30 swirls on a KMF Olive Oil Soap bar and then go to a bowl and add some shave cream.

Interesting... perhaps I'll give this a try...

Forgive my ignorance, but isn't this *essentially* how Method Shaving works? Don't you "prime" the brush with the Cube then move to cream?

mrob said:
Forgive my ignorance, but isn't this *essentially* how Method Shaving works? Don't you "prime" the brush with the Cube then move to cream?

Mitch, it could be... I will admit that I know sweet little about method shaving. Any method shavers around here want to chime in?

NMMB said:
Interesting... perhaps I'll give this a try...

Well, I just had a late-afternoon shave and tried priming my brush with KMF olive oil soap. The result? A great shave! I don't know what, if anything the KMF had to do with it... but it was great.

If I were you, I would also dip the brush into some aftershave and cologne. Why not take multi-tasking to the limit? :lol:

mrob said:
Yessir. That is the first part of "the method" (cue eerie music from Scooby-Doo).

Isn't it amazing how the 'newbies' come up with ideas that the rest of our community haven't considered (or at least put out there for all 2 c), but then the light bulb goes on when we see it?

Marty

Top Bottom