Thread: Soap + Cream = Awesome lather ???

Images

Default Soap + Cream = Awesome lather ???

Hello Everyone...

Entering Week 3 of my new journey and enjoying every minute of it.

I bought my 1st cream last week...Proraso in the tube....and love it !!

I am going to try a blend today of my Col. Conk Glycerine soap and the Proraso and see what kind of lather I can conjure up.

Question:
    Has anyone tried this type of experiment before??
    and if so, have you had any luck ??

Thanks to all for the great info !!
    rick

Images

I sometimes do 20-30 swirls on a KMF Olive Oil Soap bar and then go to a bowl and add some shave cream.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by roughrider
    I sometimes do 20-30 swirls on a KMF Olive Oil Soap bar and then go to a bowl and add some shave cream.
    Good results?
    Best regards,
    Ron
    vita non est vivere sed valere vita est

Images

Quote Originally Posted by roughrider
    Interesting... perhaps I'll give this a try...
    [FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="4"]- NM[SIZE="2"][ichael][/SIZE]MB[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"][URL="http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3596"][SIZE="2"]NMMB's Hall of fame entry[/SIZE][/URL] michael(at)badgerandblade.com[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"]"Economics is both the guardian of rationality and the defender of the poor." - Stennes, Krcmar-Nozic & van Kooten (1998)[/SIZE][/FONT]

Images

Forgive my ignorance, but isn't this *essentially* how Method Shaving works? Don't you "prime" the brush with the Cube then move to cream?
    Mitch

Go Green!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by mrob
    Forgive my ignorance, but isn't this *essentially* how Method Shaving works? Don't you "prime" the brush with the Cube then move to cream?
    Mitch, it could be... I will admit that I know sweet little about method shaving. Any method shavers around here want to chime in?
    [FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="4"]- NM[SIZE="2"][ichael][/SIZE]MB[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"][URL="http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3596"][SIZE="2"]NMMB's Hall of fame entry[/SIZE][/URL] michael(at)badgerandblade.com[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"]"Economics is both the guardian of rationality and the defender of the poor." - Stennes, Krcmar-Nozic & van Kooten (1998)[/SIZE][/FONT]

Images

Quote Originally Posted by NMMB
    Interesting... perhaps I'll give this a try...
    Well, I just had a late-afternoon shave and tried priming my brush with KMF olive oil soap. The result? A great shave! I don't know what, if anything the KMF had to do with it... but it was great.

Images

If I were you, I would also dip the brush into some aftershave and cologne. Why not take multi-tasking to the limit?
    -Scotto

Support B&B!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by mrob
    Yessir. That is the first part of "the method" (cue eerie music from Scooby-Doo).
    -Kyle
    ...the police often question him, just because they find him interesting...his blood smells like cologne...

Isn't it amazing how the 'newbies' come up with ideas that the rest of our community haven't considered (or at least put out there for all 2 c), but then the light bulb goes on when we see it?

Marty
    Ookla... Ariel.....RIDE!!!!

"Noble Knight of the Veg Table"