What's new

Shipping Cologne Question

Hey Folks,

I just sold some Cologne on the B/S/T forum. It only occurred to me after the fact to ask whether there is anything I should know in advance prior to shipping a cologne. Assuming its well protected- is there anything different about shipping cologne?

Thanks,

I think you should be fine as long as it is well, well, protected.

I traded some on the forum, and wrapped it in an immense casing of bubblewrap, and believe it arrived alright. I received mine in a similar fashion, and it was perfectly protected.

The only extra caution I would take is that if it has a splash-top, to make EXTRA sure the cap will remain firmly in place.

And if you're shipping to another country, there may be laws about alcohol and/or flammable contents, but to be honest I really don't know.

The only extra caution I would take is that if it has a splash-top, to make EXTRA sure the cap will remain firmly in place.

I second this suggestion. I've received a few cologne shipments where some of the product leaked out the top. Not a huge issue but it can sure smell a package and any other contents up. If you have access to parafilm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parafilm) I would suggest sealing the the top with it.

Also (to avoid problems later) specify at the Post Office that you want to ship it via ground, which I believe is called Parcel Post. I tried to send out some aftershaves using a Priority Flat Rate box and when they found out what was inside, I had to repackage and send it Parcel Post. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom