What's new

Razor Storage?

Keep in mind, that if you have a big 7/8 or 8/8 razor, it may not fit. The premise is pretty simple though, you could easily take a 8" piece of 2x4 (in whatever wood you like) and drill 1.5" holes in a line down the center of it (set on its side that is). Sand, finish, and presto.

That 2x4 idea is pretty simple. I might have to try that.

I do have a couple of cigar boxes that I could maybe divide with a little craft store balsa. Ideas, ideas.

That 2x4 idea is pretty simple. I might have to try that.

I do have a couple of cigar boxes that I could maybe divide with a little craft store balsa. Ideas, ideas.

Depending on the type of tools you have, it can be pretty easy. I put a 7 day box together out of an old avon box and some cedar. All it took was a drill, bandsaw, and some sand paper. I think it looks great, and the cedar helps too.

Also a cigar-box fan here:
$P1140879.jpg

I put all my straights into a rolling makeup brush holder, and keep them in my bathroom towel closet. I found that if I left them out, the humidity would cause rust to form on my vintage razors. Plus, I don't like the idea of someone coming into my bathroom and playing with the straight razors.

I put all my straights into a rolling makeup brush holder, and keep them in my bathroom towel closet. I found that if I left them out, the humidity would cause rust to form on my vintage razors. Plus, I don't like the idea of someone coming into my bathroom and playing with the straight razors.

That makes perfect sense. I've got a cigar box I might try to convert, as I need supplies for another conversion project anyways. Hmm.

This is what I use.....cigar box with dividers.....the wooden box was $10 at the cigar store, the red one was free.

Wow, your cigar stores are proud of their boxes! I just got this same box for $1. My local cigar store sells every box for just a buck. I should stop buy there a little more often and see what they have to pass along to my fellow SRAD afflicted brethren.

you're right. I need to sell this old boy and get myself a nice jar :biggrin:

View attachment 400868

I NEED one of those. Been looking for one but can't seem to find one cheap enough.

As for cigar boxes, my shop sells them for $4. Guy says that's what his distributor charges him and he can't charge less or he has to pay to ship them back.

Wow, your cigar stores are proud of their boxes! I just got this same box for $1. My local cigar store sells every box for just a buck. I should stop buy there a little more often and see what they have to pass along to my fellow SRAD afflicted brethren.

The one I paid $10 for was at a tourist trap in Gettysburg, PA. The red box which is actually a nicer box was given to me by my local cigar shop, free of charge. I bought a lot of 6 boxes on the bay for about $20 w/shipping. I am experimenting with some ideas for razor storage.

I NEED one of those. Been looking for one but can't seem to find one cheap enough.

its great to have, and much more fun selecting a razor to shave with when you can see them all.

I will confess that all my razors are in a shoebox right now though as ive packed the straights up, but not moved the case to its new home

The one I paid $10 for was at a tourist trap in Gettysburg, PA. The red box which is actually a nicer box was given to me by my local cigar shop, free of charge. I bought a lot of 6 boxes on the bay for about $20 w/shipping. I am experimenting with some ideas for razor storage.

I'm in the process experimenting with cigar boxes as well. I'll post up what I come up with and I look forward to seeing some of your ideas as well.

I'm in the process experimenting with cigar boxes as well. I'll post up what I come up with and I look forward to seeing some of your ideas as well.

I will keep an eye out for your results and post what I come up with, but as always, too many projects and not enough time. :sad:

$20131231_162005.jpg

$20131125_084209_resized.jpg

Here's a couple ideas. The lucite will hold razors 6/8 and smaller hinge down or hinge up, but as I apply a very light coat of Ballistol to the blade most times after using, rust is a non-issue

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
OK, my pickle jar is really just for long term storage. When I had a "rotation" they were kept in a cutlery chest.

I went with the Lee Valley pen case. It works quite well so far. I looked into the toothbrush holders but didn't like how the razors fit, which is a shame since I loved the look.

Top Bottom