What's new

Is my Lamy leaking?

I picked this Lamy Vista up at a local arts supply store, and I'm wondering if it's leaking. It's using a lamy blue cartridge at the moment, and it seems to be slowly filling up with blue at the grip. I have a 2nd one I got for my girlfriend that doesn't seem to be doing it.

Is this normal or is it leaking? Is it something wrong with the pen or just the cartridge?

$IMG_20140102_211903_1.jpg

Thanks in advance!

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Looks pretty normal -- the fins hold any excess ink, that's their job.

Your cartridge may not be pushed all the way down, my converter sits a lot closer to the feed with a very small gap.

It seems to look like mine does. I have been using this pen a lot lately.

I am using a converter not a cartridge.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I was worried the cartridge wasn't on right or something. Taking a look at them now, they're both looking quite similar. I checked the tightness of it and it's all the way on so I think the cartridge just sits like that.

It is fine. It is a clear demonstrator, so you can see everything that is going on in the section.

Just goes to show how new I am with good pens. :lol:

Thanks for the explanation. The pen is fine, continues to work normally and isn't getting any worse or leaking anywhere like I thought it might be. Thanks for helping me through the bit of a freak out.

Just goes to show how new I am with good pens. :lol:

Thanks for the explanation. The pen is fine, continues to work normally and isn't getting any worse or leaking anywhere like I thought it might be. Thanks for helping me through the bit of a freak out.

No worries. If it really did look different than another Lamy demo, that would be cause for legit concern. Even though I am using this pen a lot lately, I have really come to think of this as not a great fp. Decent but not great.

Top Bottom