Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 102

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
roger that
Thanks for the assistance

No problem. If you bring the photos to your computer before posting, you can just open them with a photo editor, rotate it the proper way, then save it. That is too much headache for me, so I just shoot landscape.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Marty, I would Eat that sidewise or upside down in a Apollo space capsule.

Thanks!
The ribs were incredible.
That little pit is magical. I think it is the thickness of the steel. 1/2" gets very hot and stays hot.
And the tenderloins only took a few minutes and they melted in your mouth.

Thanks!
The ribs were incredible.
That little pit is magical. I think it is the thickness of the steel. 1/2" gets very hot and stays hot.
And the tenderloins only took a few minutes and they melted in your mouth.
Looks very nice! You just cant beat a stick burner for depth of flavor-

My kids had no school Thursday or Friday so I decided to put them to work and do a little family-bonding sausage making session. First try at summer sausage, it turned out pretty good, so far my only disappointment is that the casing is not peeling cleanly from the sausage. I'm hoping that as it ages and dries the casing issue will resolve itself, if any of you gentlemen have any experience or recommendations, I'd love to hear them. The flavor is great, texture is good, maybe a tad fine for my liking.

The snack sticks I've made before, but this is the first time I've cut them into grill width sections before smoking. It works much better, much easier to turn them and shift them around to account for hot spots, I think I can get more on too which is a bonus.

7 summer sausages (8lbs), 8lbs of regular snack sticks, and 8 lbs of teriyaki snack sticks, smoked in 2 batches. My son was pretty proud when we were done, that was a lot of cranking on the stuffer for him.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 95
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 93
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Wow...that is a lot of sausage. Nicely done.

I really have to get into this sasusgae making, stuffing and smoking thing. It looks incredible.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1414243063282.gif
    $uploadfromtaptalk1414243063282.gif
    793.6 KB · Views: 115
Looks great! Would they peel easier after being chilled perhaps? if that does not work I would try a dip in hot water.

Looks great! Would they peel easier after being chilled perhaps? if that does not work I would try a dip in hot water.

Thanks, I'm hoping that some chill time will help, and in fact this morning it actually seems like it might be releasing a little better, than last night so that's a good sign. I have seen suggestions of a hot water dip while researching the issue last night so I may try it out on one of them and see if it helps.

Yesterday I did a cook on the little WSM, full rack of ribs, non-St. Louis'd and bacon wrapped stuffed chicken breasts. Please don't judge the ribs on the pic, I was doing them quick and dirty haha. They both came out fantastic!

$photo 1.JPG$photo 1.JPG$photo 2.JPG$photo 3.JPG

Also cleaned the new to me big WSM, and then ran a full load of KBB wide open burn on her. During that burn, she got up to 453F, she likes it hot! Tonight I will throw a couple pounds of bacon on her with some wood and start sealing up those gaps and seasoning her. Maybe this weekend I will get to actually do a cook on her.

$photo 2.JPG$photo 3.JPG$photo 4.JPG

martym

Your breasts have inspired me!
I return to work tomorrow after a 4 day weekend. I am heading into 8 straight days of work with two double shifts. So I am BBQ'ing 8lbs of baby backs, 7lbs of loaded ribs, 3 lbs of sausage, 5lbs of fajitas, and now two cheese stuffed bacon wrapped chicken breasts.
I have been piddling all day with my little trailer hitch pit. I am making a stand for it so that I can store it in the garage and also use it here at the house without having to hook it up to the hitch on my truck. Then I shall prepare all this wonderful food on it. I hate firing up the big pit when it is just the two of us. Besides, it takes longer with the smaller pit and I have more time outside relaxing.

@soccerguy83 I need some ribs....NOW.

Great pics, good looking smoke ring, just perfect. I never got around to making my rack of lamb last week, so hopefully soon but I'll be adding a slab or two of pork ribs on the shopping list.

Marty, I'm glad I could inspire you, they were wonderful (we had a bite last night even though they are for dinner tonight and lunches the rest of the week). My biggest complaint about breast is that it dry's out so much, this was the wife's idea to get me to eat it, who am I to argue with a beautiful woman?

brucered, thanks for the complement, they did have a beautiful ring, I was playing with using RO last night instead of KBB which I think was a major contributing factor. We are taking a comp cook class from 3Eyz BBQ this weekend and most likely going to do another two racks on Sunday haha.

martym

Mr. Murphy came a calling so I had to use my big pit.
here r a few pics. Per request I put sauce on a few ribs.
The char on the beef ribs is just the fat when I seared. Still have fajitas and sausage left
i also took a photo of the coals and a photo of some pan fried spuds

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 65
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 63
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 63
  • $image.jpg