What's new

The Thin Blue Smoke Thread VI - 2014 BBQ at B&B

Ok search function stinks when you try to search BBQ dry rib rub lol
was wondering if anyone had a good rub receipe? Specifically for pork shoulder or ribs?
Going to smoke my first shoulder this weekend as part three in learning to use my smoker
Thanks in advance

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
was wondering if anyone had a good rub receipe? Specifically for pork shoulder or ribs?
Going to smoke my first shoulder this weekend as part three in learning to use my smoker
Thanks in advance

A light, or however much you want, covering of salt, pepper, and garlic powder.

Let the wood do the flavoring.

Thanks in advance

You might try to use Google to do the search. If you want returns from badger & blade, enter the following:

site:badgerandblade.com BBQ dry rib rub

Memphis rub is really good.

http://amazingribs.com/recipes/rubs_pastes_marinades_and_brines/meatheads_memphis_dust.html

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Thank you you very much kind sir!

While we generally don't like pointing B&Bers to outside sites, amazingribs is a fantastic site. They have a huge amount of meat knowledge over there. They have inspired me to make an ugly drum smoker once the funds are available.

While we generally don't like pointing B&Bers to outside sites, amazingribs is a fantastic site. They have a huge amount of meat knowledge over there. They have inspired me to make an ugly drum smoker once the funds are available.

You are right. I just checked the TOU and my post likely violates the TOU rule #6 for all members.

My intention was to give the OP an answer and give site the reference. I had no intention of promoting the site just the recipe.

Is there a better way to handle this?

Thanks.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
You are right. I just checked the TOU and my post likely violates the TOU rule #6 for all members.

My intention was to give the OP an answer and give site the reference. I had no intention of promoting the site just the recipe.

Is there a better way to handle this?

Thanks.
No, I think you are okay. I have never seen any one get upset about linking to Amazing Ribs. I think it mainly applies to other wet shaving forums- maybe a mod can set me straight.

Fired up the BBQ tonight for some Ribeyes, Baked Potatoes and Peppers....and some of those disgusting mushrooms for my wife and one of the kids.

$uploadfromtaptalk1409445656948.jpg

$uploadfromtaptalk1409445668045.jpg

$uploadfromtaptalk1409445679826.jpg

Sunday will be my first overnight smoke, when I smoke a 6lb pork butt to eat on Monday.

Pics will of course follow!

Last edited:
Smoked up a small brick of old cheddar and a mozzarella ball tonight on the wsm with some apple wood. They're sitting in the fridge now forming back up. Pics tomorrow when we try them. :)

Cheers,

M.

Our pre-Labor Day meal.

$meal.jpg

Smoked ribs with a commercial rub, fresh Silver Queen corn on the cob, tomatoes from the garden, and baked beans.

Decided to beat the rain and have the "smokin" done early.

As for a rub, I hope this one works out as I just made 3 cups of it. I applies it to my butt and will taste test it tomorrow.

It was from a BBQ blog and called "Memphis Dust" and contains no added salt.

$uploadfromtaptalk1409499746448.jpg

As for a rub, I hope this one works out as I just made 3 cups of it. I applies it to my butt and will taste test it tomorrow.

It was from a BBQ blog and called "Memphis Dust" and contains no added salt.

I am interested in how you make out with this Bruce, i never had any luck with sugar in a rub that would be on the smoker for that long. But I do not wrap anything so that may be the difference for his recipe.

I am interested in how you make out with this Bruce, i never had any luck with sugar in a rub that would be on the smoker for that long. But I do not wrap anything so that may be the difference for his recipe.
I'll keep you posted.

My wife told me recently that a good substitute for regular brown sugar to use for rubs and cooking is "Turbinado Sugar" as it has a much higher burn rate. But I have yet to experiment.

Top Bottom