What's new

The Thin Blue Smoke Thread VI - 2014 BBQ at B&B

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Except for a coat of paint I finished the stand for my small pit that mounts on my trucks trailer hitch. Now it is easier to store this pit in my garage, take it out and bbq on the driveway when it's just us, and I don't have to mount it on my truck to bbq here at the house anymore. Just slide it up and off the pipe to remove.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 76

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Rack of lamb, marinated in lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and mint.

Attachments

• $20141028_181058.jpg
    $20141028_181058.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 74

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I impressed myself. Seven minutes rib side up, flipped, another 7 minutes, then foiled. The meat was so delicate and tender. I could eat this every day.

Oh man Owen....I never got around to doing our lamb last week. Stuff came up and it got pushed off the menu.

Everything see lamb pics, I put it back on. It looks delicious.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Oh man Owen....I never got around to doing our lamb last week. Stuff came up and it got pushed off the menu.

Everything see lamb pics, I put it back on. It looks delicious.
It was. Forget mint jelly. Just chop up some fresh mint, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil and marinate for 2 hours. The mint really made it.

We tried mint jelly with our first round of Chops and we won't do it again.

Fresh mint, lemon, garlic and EVOO sound much better.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
We tried mint jelly with our first round of Chops and we won't do it again.

Fresh mint, lemon, garlic and EVOO sound much better.
I chopped the mint up real fine and 3 cloves of garlic coarse. I was just goofing off, trying to figure what works. I am just a bit proud of the results. I wouldn't have tried this, though, without the knowledge I gained here in the Mess Hall

Last edited:
Those racks look fantastic, my mouth is watering, I just added them to my Costco shopping list. I've never used fresh mint before, I'm going to have to try it. Usually use garlic, Rosemary, lemon juice, salt and pepper. The worst thing I ever did was encourage my kids to try them. Used to be able to do one rack for me and throw a couple of hot dogs on for them, now if I'm making them it's a $50 meal.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Those chops look fantastic, my mouth is watering, I just added them to my Costco shopping list. I've never used fresh mint before, I'm going to have to try it. Usually use garlic, Rosemary, lemon juice, salt and pepper. The worst thing I ever did was encourage my kids to try them. Used to be able to do one rack for me and throw a couple of hot dogs on for them, now if I'm making them it's a $50 meal.
I think the fresh mint added a nice dimension. Not too overpowering, but very nice.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Rack of lamb, marinated in lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and mint.

That looks so beautiful!
All of you guys on here are just wow in the BBQ/grilling arena

I find it interesting how different our cooking methods are, our pits of choice are, and also how different the types of foods we prepare are. Just like Aaron's thread about Northern and Southern foods. Such a diverse community.
Now I just have to try to get my family to try some of these different foods.

My 10 gallon Stetson if off to all of you.
Thank you,
MartyMarty

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
That looks so beautiful!
All of you guys on here are just wow in the BBQ/grilling arena

I find it interesting how different our cooking methods are, our pits of choice are, and also how different the types of foods we prepare are. Just like Aaron's thread about Northern and Southern foods. Such a diverse community.
Now I just have to try to get my family to try some of these different foods.

My 10 gallon Stetson if off to all of you.
Thank you,
MartyMarty
The guys here have forced me to up my game. I plan on getting a pit barrel cooker soon. I want to start having good smoked meat, too.

I did these last night for our last night of trap league. Jalapeños, cream cheese/cheddar cheese mixture with minced onion, Worcestershire, and Tabasco. Then stuffed a lil smokie in each one before wrapping with my homemade bacon. Smoked them for about 2 hours. They were a big hit.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
If you think we have some good stuff in this thread then don't go looking at bbq-brethren haha. I would agree though we have a fantastic bunch of cooks on this site!

I'll have some BBQ (griddle) fried rice and marinated grilled flank steak pics up after tonights supper.

BBQ fried rice is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

@soccerguy83 agreed and I often find myself in those forums for rubs or tips after a Google search. What I enjoy most about the B&B grillers and smokers is, most of us are regular backyard type, working stiffs. The majority of this stuff can be done by any and all of us, not blowing the budget on ingredients and devices.

Not to mention, B&B is my one-stop forum shop....sports, mess hall, shaving, outdoors and everything in between.

Last edited:
Top Bottom