What's new

The Thin Blue Smoke Thread VI - 2014 BBQ at B&B

Awesome! You should consider doing Hogs & Hops at the fairgrounds this year, if you aren't already signed up. It was a KCBS event last year and had a great turnout!

I sent in an application to judge at Hogs and Hops... My schedule is pretty full now... Don't think I'll be competing in that one...

our schedule is:
Triple Threat BBQ Festival, Harrington, DE. April 11-12, 2014

Smoke in the Valley, Green Lane, PA. May 9-10, 2014

New Jersey State Barbeque Championship, North Wildwood, NJ. July 11-13. 2014

Garry Maddox BBQ Challenge, Philadelphia PA. August ???

Que by the Sea, Seaside Heights, NJ. Sept. 19-21, 2014

DO AC Smokin' Hot BBQ Championship, October ???

It was on my "must grill" list for 2013 and I never did.

I'm re-adding it to my 2014 list, along with a Fatty.

Fatties are fantastic, I cook a couple every single time I fire up the smoker... I probably have a dozen sausage logs sitting in my freezer just in case I am cooking something

Got our delivery of lump charcoal for the 2014 season... freight shipping weight was 896 lbs :)

Attachments

• $charcoal.jpg
    $charcoal.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 201
Cranked up the WSM today, and spent a little time chasing the thin blue.

Cooked up 8lb of wings, a small blade roast and a small lamb forequarter roast.

The blade roast was a little overcooked (middle pic) but still wasn't too bad, as I nodded off and forgot to set the alarm on the Maverick.

But all in all, a good day was had.

Cranked up the WSM today, and spent a little time chasing the thin blue.

Cooked up 8lb of wings, a small blade roast and a small lamb forequarter roast.

The blade roast was a little overcooked (middle pic) but still wasn't too bad, as I nodded off and forgot to set the alarm on the Maverick.

But all in all, a good day was had.

That looks great, smoke rings look nice. Also dig the Danger mouse avatar.

Nice to see the grills coming out!

Here is an actor playing me. Grilled off a couple coils of homemade sausages. One Calabrese with fennel, cumin, chili from Calabria, white wine and garlic. The other a mild Italian fennel with garlic, parsley, all spice, and using red Zin instead of white wine.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Nice to see the grills coming out!

Here is an actor playing me. Grilled off a couple coils of homemade sausages. One Calabrese with fennel, cumin, chili from Calabria, white wine and garlic. The other a mild Italian fennel with garlic, parsley, all spice, and using red Zin instead of white wine.

Looks amazing!

I hot smoked 25# of mashed potatoes for a special tonight. Had to shower as soon as I got home. My beard, coat and toque were smoked as well!

I find my entire body gets smoked. The next morning, I can smell it when I shower.

My clothes goes right into the laundry when I'm done as the smokes just gets into everything.

Well, what to do on a lazy Sunday, a nice sleep in and quick breakfast, then an offer too good to refuse.

Wings, cooked by a 22 year old redheaded beauty. How could I turn that down...

Went pretty light on the spices today, only salt, pepper and some onion flakes. With a mop of apple and pear juice.

Smoked around 250-275 for almost 3 hours.

Turned out pretty good, think my wing needs can be taken care of this way all the time :biggrin1:

What about my redheaded friend you ask, well she is a little shy, so I promised to add a set of spoiler tags, even though she does look pretty good for her 22 years on this earth.

proxy.php

@Andy

Beautiful Weber, wood handles and all.

I have a stock black one that looks similar. I believe Weber called it the "Bar-B-Kettle.

@Andy

Beautiful Weber, wood handles and all.

I have a stock black one that looks similar. I believe Weber called it the "Bar-B-Kettle.

Thanks :thumbsup: I really should take the handles off and give them a clean and varnish, but it has a certain special character about it the way it is.

I really enjoy the Webers, started out using an ECK (El Cheapo Kettle) and spotted this redhead at a garage sale one day, the lid weighed more than both of my ECKs together. Has been Weber all the way since.

Like the old saying goes, you only get what you pay for.

Top Bottom