What's new

The Thin Blue Smoke Thread VI - 2014 BBQ at B&B

All laid out:

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1414622950412.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1414622950412.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 126
Fried rice was a hit. I got to use my DeBuyer pan for the eggs, Griddle for the rice and grill for the steak.

It was a busy meal!

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1414627984186.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1414627984186.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 121
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1414628105190.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1414628105190.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 121
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1414628162272.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1414628162272.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 121
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1414628213915.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1414628213915.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 123
Very nice. That fried rice looks tasty, always my favorite part of Chinese takeout. Do you see any added benefit to doing the rice on the BBQ instead of the stove top? Interested in your thoughts. (Basically trying to justify getting one of those nifty griddles)

Do you see any added benefit to doing the rice on the BBQ instead of the stove top? Interested in your thoughts. (Basically trying to justify getting one of those nifty griddles)

I believe so. The surface area is huge and allows it to crisp up all over at the same time. I'm not sure the smoke from the grill adds anything, but this new fried rice on the BBQ is now our favorite and we no longer do it indoors....so maybe it does enhance the flavour.

Being able to grill chicken or steak right beside the rice is a huge bonus for me. Mine is the 1/2 size, so I wouldn't be able to so that with a full sized griddle.

It has quickly become one of my favorite Mess Hall additions this year. It's a luxury item for sure, but has made some of the best homemade patty melts, grilled cheese and fried rice we have had. I also find myself using it to sear steak, chicken and grill vegetables on.

Last edited:
I believe so. The surface area is huge and allows it to crisp up all over at the same time. I'm not sure the smoke from the grill adds anything, but this new fried rice on the BBQ is now our favorite and we no longer do it indoors....so maybe it does enhance the flavour.

Being able to grill chicken or steak right beside the rice is a huge bonus for me. Mine is the 1/2 size, so I wouldn't be able to so that with a full sized griddle.

It has quickly become one of my favorite Mess Hall additions this year. It's a luxury item for sure, but has made some of the best homemade patty melts, grilled cheese and fried rice we have had. I also find myself using it to sear steak, chicken and grill vegetables on.

Thanks, it looks like a nice griddle and has me intrigued. I'm going to have to consider how often I think I would use it, and what I would use it for, but you've definitely put some ideas in my head.

Brucered, I couldn't have said it better myself! I compete in KCBS BBQ, so I spend a lot of time over there as well! I love B&B and will always find this as my one stop shop for everything I'm interested in, aside from motorcycles.

BTW that meal above looks amazing!

If yall are ever over there, I'm newtwoq.

Just the wife and me so one rack on the Joe.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1414871751276.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1414871751276.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 95
I crossed another first off my list today, Rack of Lamb.

On the smoker with some apple wood at 250*, until it hit about 130-135*, then on the grill to crisp it up and bring it up to 140-145* when served with BBQ potatoes and peppers.

The lamb was rubbed with some EVOO, S&P and rosemary.

We will be making it again.

View attachment 514766

I forgot to take pictures of the Brisket BEFORE we ate, so a picture of the leftovers will have to do. It turned out very tender and moist, pulled it off at 203IT after 9 1/2 hours, and then wrapped in a towel to rest in a cooler for 1 1/2 hrs. Served on toasted rolls with some pickled onions and cucumbers.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 67
Top Bottom