What's new

2014 Scent/Fragrance of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocky Mountain High
From the Cannabis Collection
by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz

Balsam fir, Bergamot, Cannabis, Currant bud, Choya Nakh, Chrysanthemum absolute, Clary sage, Juniper, Coniferous woods, Arborvitae, Fossilized amber resin, Frankincense, Galbanum, Grean oakmoss, Green pepper, Hemp, Herbaceous notes, Marihuna, Pine needle

Yes, incense! And pine! And leather! and of course, marijuana... This is a very nicely composed perfume with a citrus-weed opening that is quickly wrapped up in turpenes and a slightly hot peppery note. An accord of incense and conifers sweeps in to bolster the marijuana accord bringing a triumvirate religious context derived from the mysticism of the orthodoxy, the spiritual inspiration of alpine asceticism, and the transcendentalism of mind-altering substances (namely marijuana). The weed note actually disappears slowly leaving in its wake a sweet plummy leather note that is both warm and rugged, bringing to mind myrrh and labdanum - neither of which are listed as notes, though. I get much better longevity out of this one that the other two I tried (Agrestic, Green House) and the funky leather note means I'll get a lot more use out of this one, too. Delightfully fun and serious at the same time.

proxy.php

Where does one find this fine fragrance?

This evening I tried Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla. I think it is pretty good, although rather short lived, but my wife dearly loves it, so it will be in my regular rotation.

Amouage Journey Man - similar to Fate Man, but with a heavy dose of incense. Both Journey and Fate have what smells to me like Tulsi (holy basil) oil. Not a bad smell on others, but I don't enjoy wearing it and smelling it all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom