What's new

The Speakeasy acquisitions - 2014

Legion

Staff member
I'll start the year off right. I was in the local bike shop picking up some parts and saw one of these. Some things in life just tell you how much you need them.

That is awesome. A recent trip to the liquor shop yielded bottles of Jim Beam Black, Jacob's Ghost and Ransom Old Tom.

My dad found Connemara Peated Single Malt Irish Whiskey on clearance at his local liquor store so now I'm sporting a bottle. I can't wait to try it! I loves the peated scotch.

I've just purchased my first 'proper' bottle of scotch - a Balvenie 12 doublewood. Very nice it is too (although as a 'beginner' I'm pretty sure I don't fully appreciate it).

Tyrconnell Single Malt Irish Whiskey yesterday, Old Pulteney 12 & Glenlivet 12 today. First time around with Tyrconnell, the Glenlivet & Old Pulteney are both replacing recently-emptied bottles.

My dad found Connemara Peated Single Malt Irish Whiskey on clearance at his local liquor store so now I'm sporting a bottle. I can't wait to try it! I loves the peated scotch.

Let us know what this is like. I'm really intrigued by a peated Irish Whiskey.

Tyrconnell Single Malt Irish Whiskey yesterday, Old Pulteney 12 & Glenlivet 12 today. First time around with Tyrconnell, the Glenlivet & Old Pulteney are both replacing recently-emptied bottles.

Tyrconnell is also something I've been tempted to try. It is not peated correct? More like a Bushmills or Jamesons, just smoother?

I'm on the fence about picking up a bottle of Ardbeg Uigeadail. I tried a dram of it and man is it fantastic. But it's costly enough I have to give it some serious thought before pulling the trigger.

Uncle Val's ... a most unusual gin. I'm a big fan of Hendricks, from whom that catchphrase is borrowed. This stuff is more unusual. Strong citrus aroma coupled with spiciness and cucumber taste. Quite good. Very nice in a martini and awesome in a negroni.
View attachment 410651

The SWMBO asked me to swing by the liquor store for a bottle of tequila. As long as I was there I added a bottle of Bulliet Rye and W.L. Weller Antique to the purchase.

I am a long time fan of Jack and enjoy a very casual relationship. Currently enjoying my visits with Gentleman Jack. I also acquired a Jar of Ole Smokey Apple Pie moonshine I enjoy a bit of apple pie occasionally after dinner.

My brother just got me this. Any suggestions for using it?

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404007107.420168.jpg

just picked up a bottle of Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve (9 y.o., 120 proof). looking forward to cracking this one open.

Top Bottom