What's new

The Speakeasy acquisitions - 2014

Yesterdays score

2 bottles of Eagle Rare 10
1 bottle of W.L Weller Special Reserve
1 4 pack of Dogfish Head Punkin ale

My top three acquisitions this year were all gifts, which made them all the more enjoyable!

First, a bottle of traditional Belgian jenever in a clay bottle lovingly delivered straight from Belgium. Next, a wonderful bottle of
Berta Grappa. And finally, last week I received a bottle of Widow Jane Rye, made right here in New York City of all places! It's interesting... I think it's a bit young but not harsh. I haven't experimented enough with it yet to form an opinion but plan on doing some in depth research very soon. :a54:

Oh! And earlier this year I was involved in a group purchase of Macallan 21 which didn't last very long so I nearly forgot about it! LOL

We all agreed that it was a great scotch but not really worth the cost of admission. I think, for the money, the 18 is a much better buy but if I'm going to be spending some cash I prefer a heavier, peated scotch like Lagavulin or even better, BenRiach Authenticus 21.

The Muddy Imperial Stout
Four Roses Limited Edition Small Batch 2014 (Barrel Strength)
Wild Turkey 101 Rye (Liter)... YES! It's back!
Founders Breakfast Stout... It's that time of year again.

This weeks haul. I still cant believe I was able to get my hands on some of this stuff!

1 Old Rip Van Winkle 10 (I did get gouged at $100.00 but at least I got it).
1 Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve 15 (Retail).
1 Sazerac 6 year Rye (Retail, one store wanted $70 a piece and I promptly left).
1 Stagg Jr (128 Proof version, retail).
1 4 pack Old Bastard Ale
2 Bottles Trappistes Rochefort Ale 8

Last edited:
Splurged on a bottle of The Macallan 15. I've only taken a test sip this weekend (maybe a third of my usual pour), and it was very nice.

Picked up the remainder of my BTAC order.

Got a William Larue Weller and another Eagle Rare 17
Also picked up Crown Royal 75th Monarch
and Four Roses Single Barrel

This should have me drinking well during the holidays :)

Four Roses Single Barrel. Might go back for a scotch or a more entry level bourbon for guests next week. Maybe just some Buffalo Trace.

Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey! I have literally been looking for this stuff for years and it is finally being distributed in my area.

$FullSizeRender.jpg

Got $60 in Binny's cards for my 30th birthday, so I decided to stock up as an adult would.

Campari
Noilly Prat Sweet Vermouth
Broker's Gin

I was also gifted a bottle of Woodford Reserve, so when I don't feel like scotch, I have an easy set-up for a Manhattan/Negroni/Boulevardier.

Got $60 in Binny's cards for my 30th birthday, so I decided to stock up as an adult would.

Campari
Noilly Prat Sweet Vermouth
Broker's Gin

I was also gifted a bottle of Woodford Reserve, so when I don't feel like scotch, I have an easy set-up for a Manhattan/Negroni/Boulevardier.
You sir, have fantastic taste.

This weeks score. Paid retail for all them.

1 Sazerac Rye

2 EH Taylor Straight rye

6 pack not your fathers root beer

At the liquor store's Black Friday sale I grabbed The Yamazaki 12 and Four Roses Small Batch.

My Dad left behind a Arbelour A'bunadh cask strength after visiting for Thanksgiving.

Picked up an Evan Williams Single Barrel last night.

When you come from the scotch world, and bourbon is half the price, it is tempting just to buy one of everything. Would have grabbed an Elmer T Lee last night too if it was in stock.

Last edited:
In the last two weeks I picked up a Four Roses Single Barrel and Lagavulin 16. The Four Roses has been keeping me company lately and the Lagavulin will be opened on Christmas.

I wont even get you guys going on everything else I have in my whiskey cabinet right now....

Top Bottom