What's new

Tobacquisitions for January 2014

A new year and a new thread. Happy New Years to everyone!

Any late Christmas acquisitions to share?

Anything you bought with Christmas $$$ or gift cards?

Let's see 'em, gents!

I ordered a little gift to myself on Monday (which is technically Dec 2013), but they'll arrive here in the next couple of days. I'll be sure to post a haul pic when they arrive. I have a feeling a certain member (*cough*boris*cough*) will enjoy my selection :)

Just picked up my Chrome Lined Old Boy from the post office. Technically, it was there in December, but I only picked it up today so it counts for January.

Took delivery of this Singleton Caveman this afternoon. I bought it because it was going cheap and it intrigued me. I intended to use it as a starting point to carve my own shape, but now I have it I really quite like its dorky charm. It's certainly a bit different.
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

This is my first purchase of the new year for tobacco. I am trying to switch from cigarettes full time to pipes full time and cigarettes occasionally. I bought a 5 tin Dunhill sampler last year I have been working on and thought it was time to expand my horizons some more so I picked up some StoneHaven, Gaslight, Blue Mountain, and Squadron Leader.

$IMG_9188.jpg

Boris, this ones inspired by you:

proxy.php

-12 Liga Privada No 9 Toros
-3 MUWAT 6x60
-3 Joya de Nicaragua Cabinetta No. 27

Boris, this ones inspired by you:

proxy.php

-12 Liga Privada No 9 Toros
-3 MUWAT 6x60
-3 Joya de Nicaragua Cabinetta No. 27

mmmm so much delicious LP in there....btw have you tried the MWAT Kentucky Fire Cure by drew estates yet? Ive just started seeing it in cigar shops recently. Its definately on a very different smoke from whats out there. I think its going to be a love it or hate it type of smoke. I found it to be a nice change of pace, not sure if I will keep some in the humi tho.

Stopped by Paul's Pipe Shop (in Flint, MI) today on the way back from Christmas Vacation in Alabama.

Picked up a unique vintage NOS Missouri Meerschaum Corn Cob Pipe, the stem, and tenon are plastic, the tenon being a type of plastic tube.

Also picked up 1.5oz of Arrowhead Pipe Club (Paul's house blend, and a great vanilla tobacco), and the owner gave me 1oz of the 2013 Christmas blend on the house. (woot!!)

Walked out having spent a mere $23.

View attachment 399562

View attachment 399563

View attachment 399564

mmmm so much delicious LP in there....btw have you tried the MWAT Kentucky Fire Cure by drew estates yet? Ive just started seeing it in cigar shops recently. Its definately on a very different smoke from whats out there. I think its going to be a love it or hate it type of smoke. I found it to be a nice change of pace, not sure if I will keep some in the humi tho.

I haven't tried them yet, but I have had a Leccia Black that I found enjoyable. I've seen mixed reviews on the KFC, but given that I trust your review I'll probably try and find one or two.

I just picked up an 18-bottle wine cooler today, off Craigslist. Brand new, unwrapped, in the original box. Sells for $300 online, I picked it up for $125. Will place an order shortly for humidity beads and within a month, it'll be my new coolidor, to replace (ok, supplement) my 8-bottle setup. Cannot wait to start buying cigars again! Had to pause, because I ran out of storage room, and smoking has gone down due to the cold weather.

I'll post pics when I get some time.

I just picked up an 18-bottle wine cooler today, off Craigslist. Brand new, unwrapped, in the original box. Sells for $300 online, I picked it up for $125. Will place an order shortly for humidity beads and within a month, it'll be my new coolidor, to replace (ok, supplement) my 8-bottle setup. Cannot wait to start buying cigars again! Had to pause, because I ran out of storage room, and smoking has gone down due to the cold weather.

I'll post pics when I get some time.

Nice score! Definitely want to see pics. I have a 300 count humi and three desktop humi's, I had them all full. Now I'm down to just the 300 count, but probably still couldn't fit a box full in it yet. I know what you mean about wanting to shop for sticks, its been over a year since my last purchase.

$IMAG0671.jpg
box of davidoff year of the horse
box of tatuaje little monsters
1 x viaje honey hand grenade
2 x viaje full moon
3 x la gloria cubana trunk show 2013
2 x la gloria cubana esteli
2 x tatuaje RC223
1 x tatuaje drac
1 x Opus X BBMF Natural

2 hydro stones, an Inox stainless steel pipe reamer and the seller threw in a refillable butane pipe lighter. The little flame spout is adjustable which is pretty cool.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388933755.237858.jpg

Smokingpipes order finally came today!

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388986280.407277.jpg

Neerup classic sandblasted bent apple. This pipe is awesome! Gonna pack a bowl of the Solani aged burley to start this off right.

Top Bottom