What's new

BOTD - Beer of the Day - 2014

Finally found Bells Planets Series yesterday and tried Mars: The Bringer of Wars. Cool idea and a pretty great beer.

Bells Venus: The Bringer of Peace I get lots of vanilla and some of the apricot. fits with the music. Reminds me a bit of shorts peaches and creme.

I can't wait for Mercury. This is gonna be an epic series. I've never heard the music by Holst so I'm trying to hold out for the beer.

This weekend at Figueroa Mountain Brewing,
tasters of Paradise Road Pilsner, Hop for Teacher (fresh hopped IPA), Lizards Mouth IIPA, Stearns Stout
$IMG_0074.jpg

And a pint of Hurricane Deck DIPA
$IMG_0056.jpg

Apparently nobody's been drinking beer over the last month!

Had these during a trip to Paso Robles a couple weeks ago...
@ the Firestone Brewery: Easy Jack, Opal saison
@ The Pour House: Riley's IPA, Drake's 1500, Figueroa Mountain Lizard's Mouth DIPA, Libertine Bella Rouge (sour)

The other night at happy hour had a Stone Delicious IPA and Dogfish Head's BeerThousand - that bad boy is sneaky!

I'll share what I've had the past two weeks:

- Capt Lawrence "Frost Monster" damn good imperial stout at 12%. Watch out though. Found that out the hard way
- Founders "Breakfast Stout" nothing more to say here
- Stone "Master of Disguise" which is blonde stout. Really different and quite good I might add
- The Bruery "Sour in the Rye" must try sour by a brewery who arguable makes the best sours. Not cheap though
- Southern Tier "Rumking" must try *IF* you're a fan of pumpkin beers

Top Bottom