What's new

BOTD - Beer of the Day - 2014

Had a few sips of my wife's bottle of Cayman Jack Margarita. This stuff is some sort of fermented grain base ("malt beverage" according to the bottle), mixed with sugar and lime and supposedly agave nectar and who knows what else.

Not really a wine cooler, not really a flavored beer although technically I suppose it kinda qualifies; it tastes surprisingly margarita-ish and is 5.9% alcohol. Not bad, really. I don't know what niche in the market this is supposed to address, but if my only choices were this or a wine cooler, I'd reach for the Cayman Jack Margarita "malt beverage".

Leinenkugel Summer Shandy.

Beer and lemonade sounds gross, but this kinda grows on you after you drink one or two. Pretty decent summertime refresher.

Leinenkugel Summer Shandy.

Beer and lemonade sounds gross, but this kinda grows on you after you drink one or two. Pretty decent summertime refresher.

Beer and lemonade? We drank that as kids :)

I can't remember exactly anymore what it tasted like, but it definitely made us feel like grownups ;-)

Beer and lemonade? We drank that as kids :)

I can't remember exactly anymore what it tasted like, but it definitely made us feel like grownups ;-)

It's a nice thirst-quencher when the thermometer starts climbing. Pretty good lawn-mowing beer.

Sam Adams makes a lemonade/beer mix. I believe it's called porch rocker or something. Surprisingly good.

Last night was Humboldt Black Xantus. Imperial stout w coffee aged in whiskey and wine barrels. VERY good.

proxy.php

Had this last night ... I love a good IPA, but this is marketed as an APA.

Opened it up and was slammed in the face with that citrusy Cascade hops aroma. Had a sip and it's really not all that bitter. There's a very nice balance here. Made by Asylum Ale.

$uploadfromtaptalk1403359815086.jpg

Top Bottom