What's new

BOTD - Beer of the Day - 2014

Guess I'l get this one started. Tonight it's a Ola Dubh 12. Old ale aged in 12 year old whiskey barrels. Very nice.

$OD.jpg

A few at dinner last night:
North Coast Scrimshaw pilsner
Strand Brewing 24th Street pale ale
Great Divide Titan IPA

Last night was St.Bernardus with dinner and tonight was sapporo with dinner(sushi). Both were followed by Laphroaig afterwards.

Uinta! Very good, haven't tried this one yet, we make these bottles too woo hoo (lol sorry)

The bottle for this beer is awesome. Great shape, and they have that compass around the base of the neck. Good beer too.

proxy.php

My favorite from Uinta so far is the Labyrinth though. Really good barrel aged stout.

The bottle for this beer is awesome. Great shape, and they have that compass around the base of the neck. Good beer too.

proxy.php

My favorite from Uinta so far is the Labyrinth though. Really good barrel aged stout.

Awesome! Never tried Labyrinth either, I'll have to get better acquainted with Uinta lol. We actually just finished a run of the bottle about a week ago and will likely be making it again in about 8 weeks. We make the bottles for them about every 9-12 weeks depending on the season! They say the compass design was so you'll never get lost with a Uinta bottle in hand :)

Awesome! Never tried Labyrinth either, I'll have to get better acquainted with Uinta lol. We actually just finished a run of the bottle about a week ago and will likely be making it again in about 8 weeks. We make the bottles for them about every 9-12 weeks depending on the season! They say the compass design was so you'll never get lost with a Uinta bottle in hand :)

That is every kind of an awesome bottle! I homebrew and would have tried out a case of that beverage if for no other reason than to have the empties to re-bottle with. Maybe when I get back to the state's I'll seek them out.

As for my BOTD, last night I had my oatmeal stout that I brew that I call Sweet Mexican Black Tar Heroine. A little heavy on the roasted coffee notes and a little light on the oatmeal notes for my tastes this time. I'll brew it again to see if it's the change in water chemistry here in Spain that had it tasting different or if I need to change the recipe.

Tonight will be my twist on a favorite. I brewed a clone of Dogfish Head's 60 minute IPA, then racked it over bourbon barrel chips for the dry hop. The bourbon notes may have been a little strong last I tried, so I'll either let it sit in my keg for another couple weeks, or hook my hop rocket up to my taps and pour it through a three ounce variety of whole leaf hops. Time will tell.

That is every kind of an awesome bottle! I homebrew and would have tried out a case of that beverage if for no other reason than to have the empties to re-bottle with. Maybe when I get back to the state's I'll seek them out.

As for my BOTD, last night I had my oatmeal stout that I brew that I call Sweet Mexican Black Tar Heroine. A little heavy on the roasted coffee notes and a little light on the oatmeal notes for my tastes this time. I'll brew it again to see if it's the change in water chemistry here in Spain that had it tasting different or if I need to change the recipe.

Tonight will be my twist on a favorite. I brewed a clone of Dogfish Head's 60 minute IPA, then racked it over bourbon barrel chips for the dry hop. The bourbon notes may have been a little strong last I tried, so I'll either let it sit in my keg for another couple weeks, or hook my hop rocket up to my taps and pour it through a three ounce variety of whole leaf hops. Time will tell.

Ok, that's it...I'm going to give home brewing a try. Before it always sounded like work. You just made it sound like fun. I think I'll research it for a good while though before I invest.

I must shamefully admit that I haven't had a single beer the last 10 days ... I just wasn't in the mood.

I'll better my life soon! :wink2:

Top Bottom