What's new

BOTD - Beer of the Day - 2014

Last night there was a Bell's tap takeover at a local place. Hopslam, Expedition Stout, and an imperial IPA called Hopsolution were all tapped. I ended up having a Hopslam, an "X-Slam" (half Hopslam/half Expedition Stout), and a Hopsolution. We had a great time talking to Bell's reps and I got some stickers and glassware too! I was too busy enjoying the beer and conversation to take any pictures.

"X-slam"...yeah! That sounds like quite the event. Very nice.

I just finished off the last can of my six pack of Cigar City's Hopped on the High Seas with Citra...my girlfriend and I toured the brewery in early January and I got one of the first six packs off the canning line. Delicious, delicious beer. I had been holding on to the last one for some strange reason (probably because I didn't want to accept the fact that I wouldn't have any more left!). It seemed appropriate to drink it as it's National Beer Can Appreciation Day today! :thumbup1:

I'm probably going to have a Ruthless Rye or two tonight as well. I don't have anywhere to be tomorrow!

I had my first beer of 2014 yesterday; a Postel Dobbel. A gift from a Belgian friend (we met last Friday).

It is a nice abbey beer, but not the best. Still interesting to taste. Slightly too much caramel sweetness. Not as good as Orval.

One of my favorite beers of all time. Complex and delicious.

proxy.php

St. Berbardus is good but sometimes hard to find.

I've never visited the abbey yet. In fact, I've been at only a few abbeys so far.

St. Berbardus is good but sometimes hard to find.

I've never visited the abbey yet. In fact, I've been at only a few abbeys so far.

That's strange, it's quite prevalent around here in TX. You'd think they'd have it all over the Netherlands.

I am surprised that Wieckse advertises an alcohol free radler nowadays. Isn't the idea of a radler that it is an alcohol *low* beer?

That's strange, it's quite prevalent around here in TX. You'd think they'd have it all over the Netherlands.

I might have to look again, but it is all Leffe, Westmalle, Rochefort, and Chimay here in the supermarkets.

They undoubtedly will have it in dedicated liquor and beer shops.

Sixpoint Bengali Tiger and the Rangers/Islanders game. I'm a Blues guy but this is a good opportunity to watch hockey and drink beer!

I'll be enjoying some Dale's Pale Ales while watching the game. No allegiance to either team but I've always enjoyed my visits to Denver and Colorado beer is among the best. Have a good Sunday everyone!

The SWMBO bought me a few bottles of Adelscott. I'm intrigued by the name (it's a French beer), and by the taste!

Top Bottom