What's new

BOTD - Beer of the Day - 2014

Bear Republic Racer X. Found this one a little late. Hops were faded, but still a good DIPA. Probably a great DIPA when fresh.

$Untitled.jpg

I would normally add a pic but I forgot.

The first brew for kick off was Dogfish Head's Indian Brown Ale - Very very good.
The second brew, so far, is the Trippel (New Belgium) - Meh. New Belgium brews are new to Cbus.

Hudepohl Classic Porter. IMO it is most certainly NOT a Porter, it has more of a Dunkel/Brown Ale kind of thing going on, which lands squarely in what I generally like from a beer. Light and refreshing, goes down smooth, nothing over-powering, I like it.

Anyone looking for a true Porter had best move on. Anyone looking for a lighter malty beer might enjoy.

Had 3 Floyds Permanent Funeral yesterday. Very nice DIPA. I won't post the label, it's kind of over the top.

Also had Central Waters BBA Stout. Also very tasty. Light on the mouthfeel but tons of good barrel flavor.

proxy.php

9k=
9k=
9k=

Last edited:
A few local beers at lunch in Los Olivos yesterday:
Firestone 805
Figueroa Mountain Brewing Co. Danish Red & Hoppy Poppy IPA

Last night there was a Bell's tap takeover at a local place. Hopslam, Expedition Stout, and an imperial IPA called Hopsolution were all tapped. I ended up having a Hopslam, an "X-Slam" (half Hopslam/half Expedition Stout), and a Hopsolution. We had a great time talking to Bell's reps and I got some stickers and glassware too! I was too busy enjoying the beer and conversation to take any pictures.

Top Bottom